Wrong BBC1 region?

Old July 29th 03, 06:02 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Phil Chung

Default Wrong BBC1 region?

I seem to be receiving BBC1 East (W) when I should be getting BBC1 East
(E). Will cumstomer services be able to correct this?

--
To err is human, to really screw things up takes Microsoft
Old July 29th 03, 06:37 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
JW

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:02:24 +0100, Phil Chung
wrote:

I seem to be receiving BBC1 East (W) when I should be getting BBC1 East
(E). Will cumstomer services be able to correct this?

I'll swap with you. I'm getting BBC1 East (E) in Bedfordshire
Old July 29th 03, 07:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Phil Chung

On 29 Jul 2003, JW uttered the following:

I'll swap with you. I'm getting BBC1 East (E) in Bedfordshire

LOL

--
Pity the poor egg: it only gets laid once
Old July 29th 03, 07:38 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mike_C

"Phil Chung" wrote in message
I seem to be receiving BBC1 East (W) when I should be getting BBC1 East
(E). Will cumstomer services be able to correct this?

--
To err is human, to really screw things up takes Microsoft

Same here.
According to the BBC website they are looking into the issue and
a fix is expected sometime in the new year.
Sloppy work by the BBC to rely on ITV postcode allocations when
the BBC regions are different.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/dsata...l#wrong_region

Mike C

Old July 29th 03, 10:15 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Stephen Neal

Mike_C wrote:
"Phil Chung" wrote in message
I seem to be receiving BBC1 East (W) when I should be getting BBC1
East (E). Will cumstomer services be able to correct this?

--
To err is human, to really screw things up takes Microsoft

Same here.
According to the BBC website they are looking into the issue and
a fix is expected sometime in the new year.
Sloppy work by the BBC to rely on ITV postcode allocations when
the BBC regions are different.

Don't think that is entirely fair - ITV had a lot longer to sort out their
database - the BBC only agreed terms with Sky (and only then did they
require a database) to map by viewing cards in the last month or two and so
have had to rely on the Sky/ITV database initially.

Steve

Old July 29th 03, 11:12 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Alan White

wrote:

I seem to be receiving BBC1 East (W) when I should be getting BBC1 East
(E). Will cumstomer services be able to correct this?

Have you tried asking them?

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.
Old July 30th 03, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Phil Chung

On 30 Jul 2003, Phil Chung uttered the following:

Not yet. Just wanted people's opinions of Sky customer services before I
call...

Hmm, looks like BBC East (west) is broadcasting the same edition of Look
East as BBC East (east).

--
No one is listening until you fart.
Old July 30th 03, 07:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
JW

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:57:13 +0100, Phil Chung
wrote:

Hmm, looks like BBC East (west) is broadcasting the same edition of Look
East as BBC East (east).

Most of it is identical. The only difference is a 10 minute 'close
up' section. The East section comes from Norwich, West comes from a
broom-cupboard in Cambridge :
Old July 30th 03, 09:03 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Phil Chung

On 30 Jul 2003, JW uttered the following:

Most of it is identical. The only difference is a 10 minute 'close
up' section. The East section comes from Norwich, West comes from a
broom-cupboard in Cambridge :

I thought there were more differences, like weather forecast not covering
the whole of the East Anglia region.

--
Windows ME: A computer virus with mouse support
Old July 30th 03, 09:28 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
JW

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:03:01 +0100, Phil Chung
wrote:

I thought there were more differences, like weather forecast not covering
the whole of the East Anglia region.

The weather is a single forecast for the whole region, but both East
and West are mentioned seperatly, one after the other.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/lookeast/satellite_launch.shtml will
clarify:

you can should [sic] also receive the correct Close Up section of the
6.30pm programme depending on which part of the region you live in.

Those who do not get the Close Up section which matches where they
live just need to tap in the correct channel number. If you would like
Close Up news for the east then you will have to select channel 951 on
your remote control, while those who want Close Up news from the
Cambridge newsroom need to select 952.