The BBC Regions and those abbreviations

Old July 29th 03, 10:48 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Vowles

Default The BBC Regions and those abbreviations

BBC Regions and abbreviations on Sky Digital platform, there are some
corkers, the best one has to be BBC 1 EYks&L, no wonder they have left
some of the DOGs on for now (BBC say they will remove them after
"testing")

http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/S...ns.htm#regions

Chris
Old July 29th 03, 12:06 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
Debbie

What DOGS??????????

Nothing is visible on any of the BBC 1 regions.

"Chris Vowles" wrote in
message ...

Old July 29th 03, 12:14 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
David Marshall

In article , Debbie wrote:
What DOGS??????????
Nothing is visible on any of the BBC 1 regions.

The DOGs have been coming and going while the BBC were testing (and
presumably checking) the regionalization.

Dave
--
Email: MSN Messenger:

Old July 29th 03, 05:44 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
NO LOGO

"ThePunisher" wrote in message
Walt Davidson wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:17:01 +0000 (UTC), "NO LOGO"
wrote:

I know in Sky-land, they view their suckers / customers with
complete contempt and as the lowest form of intelligent life, but
there is no reason for the rest of the world to stoop to this level
of condescension.

As I have stated before, I think the *real* reason that you dislike
DOGs is that it spoils the pirate copies of movies that you are trying
to make.

Tough titties.

Ah, I see the troll has arrived.

--
ThePunisher

Yep.

I drive a 2.9 Litre Granada, and from my council flat, I make 1000 a day
selling pirate copies of BBC Regional News bulletins.

Not.

Old July 29th 03, 06:09 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:48:10 +0100, Chris Vowles
wrote:

| BBC Regions and abbreviations on Sky Digital platform, there are some
| corkers, the best one has to be BBC 1 EYks&L, no wonder they have left
| some of the DOGs on for now (BBC say they will remove them after
| "testing")
|
| http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/S...ns.htm#regions

I have just been playing with my $ky Digibox, and it lookes as if $ky/Beeb
have already set it to recieve all local BBC1 variations, I got 3 others
chosen at random from the numbers on the web site above.

Look North (Yorks) also gave out the $ky EPG number of the Hull version of
Look North 947, so they expected people to be able to just punch in the
channel number without any setting up.

Not sure about BBC2 local variations.

Dave Fawthrop Killfile and Anti Troll FAQs
at http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile.
Agent Korean Spam filter From: {|||||||||||||}
or Subject: {|||||||||||||}
Old July 29th 03, 06:24 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
artnada

Walt Davidson wrote:
|| On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:17:01 +0000 (UTC), "NO LOGO"
|| wrote:
||| I know in Sky-land, they view their suckers / customers with complete
||| contempt and as the lowest form of intelligent life, but there is no
reason
||| for the rest of the world to stoop to this level of condescension.
|| As I have stated before, I think the *real* reason that you dislike
|| DOGs is that it spoils the pirate copies of movies that you are trying
|| to make.
|| Tough titties.

imho what a pile of bollox!

I like to have my viewing not disturbed by onscreen junk. I watch programs
for the program content, not to have them tell me i'm watching
BBCWest......! Why have onscreen DOGS when the EPG quite clearly tells you
what channel you're on when you goto it!

knobhead

lol

Old July 29th 03, 11:04 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky,alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.digital-tv
Josh

Just confirming another writer in this thread, I waited with anticipation at
6-30 this evening at Hull to see whether I would get EYks&L which we have
on analogue, but we got the Leeds edition and an invitation to enter 947 for
our local version. This is probably a better option, as EYks&L on analogue
only covers the coastal part of East Yorkshire, most of Lincolnshire, and
North Norfolk. We get news items for Sheffield too, so quite a few people
must watch EYks&L there as well.

I noticed that as Yorkshire is on 101, 946 is shown as unavailable. Is that
true for other areas?

"Chris Vowles" wrote in
message ...