Best way to tune for Astra 2D

Old July 28th 03, 07:54 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mike Dann

Default Best way to tune for Astra 2D

"Big Giblets" wrote in message
I'm in a marginal $ky recepion area (NW Germany).
I can get reasonable reception on Astra 2A channels with signal strength

and
quality of over 5.
However ITV and BBC vary between "No signal" and the ocassional still
picture.
I set the system up last year using my analogue SatMeter but suspect the
dissh may have moved slightly
and with the switch to Astra 2D I need advice on the best cheap way to get
the dish spot on.
I seem to remember a post on changing the defalut transponder as on idea.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

Hello,

I was in the same position as you - 2A perfect, and 2D nothing. In my case,
my dish was about 3 degrees too high. I found 2D with a satmeter thing that
beeps when the signal gets stronger.

If you go to
www.astra2d.co.uk you will find some info about other people
living abroad and receiving Sky.