$ky call centre...customer killers.

Old July 28th 03, 03:01 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Paul Duffy

Default $ky call centre...customer killers.

Having been away for an extended period of time I've just returned to
find these Blue 'replace your card now' messages plastered over things
recorded onto my Tivo for 5 minutes at a time...well the hell with this.

I rang $ky back in March to specifically ask if they could send out my
new card now (they said No of course) and then I asked them when they'd
be cutting off the old cards and whether there would be any service
interruptions while I was away (they said no service interruptions and
they didn't know the 'cut off' date).

So anyway getting messages splattered on programs recorded is frankly
more then I'm willing to put up with..actually more to do with the fact
that $ky never give a consistent story. So I ring the call centre...and
get cut off....and then ring the call centre again and explain the
story....and get directed back into the 'push this button' queue. By
now I'm starting to get pretty annoyed (I'd called $ky intending only to
get a refund for the months in question)...but one of the options in
this queue is the 'disconnect' option so I press it. I get to speak to
a 2nd operator and explain my story again (I've now been on the phone
for 20 minutes)...after twiddling around the operator comes back to me
and say's he can't give me a refund and he'll put me through to
disconnections. I get through to now a third operator and I've been on
the phone for nearly 30 minutes (but now frankly I'm pretty pi**ed off)
this pretty arrogant guy comes on the phone and insists I explain the
whole situation to him again....well mate I'm not going to do
that...I've had enough...I've already explained it to two of you
colleagues...just please cancel my account....'tell me why'...'no please
just cancel my account'...'but tell me why you want a refund'....'no
please just cancel my account'....and so on for 5 minutes. In the end I
had to ask for a supervisor.

So he tells me about the 30 day cancellation period...I tell him $ky is
NOT authorised to take any more fund from my account....and we too and
fro this one for a while.

Anyway if anyone from $ky ever reads this newsgroup please note the
following:-

1. Customers HATE getting disconnected and bounced back into
queues...they have better things to do with their time...but there again
if customers can't talk to anyone they can't cancel I suppose.

2. If you get escalated don't get the customers to have to tell their
story again...and again....and again...

3. A few months ago I probably would have eaten this and accepted a
refund...but now with FTV starting to happen I've decided not to...I'll
cancel my account instead.

Lastly anyone else reading this who has fax numbers and E-Mails
address's for senior people in Customer Services please let me know, I
think I'll write to them telling them why I've asked my Bank to pull
back the last two months payments and the 'new one' they think they can
let me have for the 30 days notice.

TIA

Old July 28th 03, 03:42 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
NDF

I take it you never worked in a call centre then ?

If you did you would know that "Random" cut offs are usually down to
operators not being bothered to talk to a customer, and "oops I hit the
wrong button, oh well they'll call back" attitude kicks in like second
nature to them.

I can't help but wonder if you had played "The Game" with the last person
you spoke to, or rather refused to explain your circumstances to, you might
have had a little more sympathy from them, after all they are in control.

If you really want action, I suggest you call Sky's HQ and explain to their
switchboard that you don't want the call centre but instead someone with an
ounce of decency that may be bothered to listen and rectify this for you.

The number I called and got exactly this is 020 7705 3000, this is their
main switchboard number for BSkyB .

If this doesn't get you any joy, explain how you feel that it would be in
the best interests of the UK consumer to be informed of Sky's shortcomings,
with many more consumers now looking closely at the FTV market, Sky will
need to be very cautious as not to appear more greedy than usual.

Old July 28th 03, 04:03 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
artnada

NDF wrote:
|| I take it you never worked in a call centre then ?
|| If you did you would know that "Random" cut offs are usually down to
|| operators not being bothered to talk to a customer, and "oops I hit the
|| wrong button, oh well they'll call back" attitude kicks in like second
|| nature to them.
|| I can't help but wonder if you had played "The Game" with the last person
|| you spoke to, or rather refused to explain your circumstances to, you
might
|| have had a little more sympathy from them, after all they are in control.
|| If you really want action, I suggest you call Sky's HQ and explain to
their
|| switchboard that you don't want the call centre but instead someone with
an
|| ounce of decency that may be bothered to listen and rectify this for you.
|| The number I called and got exactly this is 020 7705 3000, this is their
|| main switchboard number for BSkyB .
|| If this doesn't get you any joy, explain how you feel that it would be in
|| the best interests of the UK consumer to be informed of Sky's
shortcomings,
|| with many more consumers now looking closely at the FTV market, Sky will
|| need to be very cautious as not to appear more greedy than usual.

Go get 'em Tiger! Grrrrrrr

Old July 28th 03, 06:04 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Hugh

When I had problems I copied in

It is the investor relations address for BSkyB's holding company. It may
have been coincidence but that is about when Sky finally woke up.

Best of luck - you'll need it.

Hugh (who spent several weeks and a whole heap of expense getting a card
that worked when his new one didn't.)

Old July 29th 03, 05:54 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Paul Duffy paul at scim dot co dot uk wrote:

Anyway if anyone from $ky ever reads this newsgroup please note the
following:-

1. Customers HATE getting disconnected and bounced back into
queues...they have better things to do with their time...but there again
if customers can't talk to anyone they can't cancel I suppose.

2. If you get escalated don't get the customers to have to tell their
story again...and again....and again...

I would say that 99% of people who have ever had the misfortune to
need to contact Sky CS by phone would never willingly repeat the
experience. The only way that Sky get away with this abysmally slow
and ill-organised system is that there is no competing offer.

I myself have had to do this a couple of times for others since the
FTV cards were discontinued and the experience was so terrible that I
now charge £25 for having anything whatsoever to do with Sky.
It is the slowest phone CS department I have ever come across. No one
knows anything, you never have the right department, everyone tries to
pass you off onto someone else and you just spend hours on hold.

Why on earth viewing cards aren't sold in shops I shall never know.
This works fine in other countries and would remove half the need for
phone CS at a stroke.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 29th 03, 11:46 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Paul Duffy

In article , Paul Duffy
paul at scim dot co dot uk says...
Having been away for an extended period of time I've just returned to

----Clip previous posting----

Well I've got one bit of good news....

After reading this newsgroup last night with regard to $ky+ and the
tenner charge I called $ky at about 1am to try and find out the truth of
the matter....and got through to a call centre person based
in.....India.

I had a bit of a problem understanding the accent...the person wasn't
able to answer my questions fully....and it took to long....so it was
exactly like the experience of calling Livingston....so the only
conclusion to draw is that the call centre at Livingstons days are
numbered.

Anyway to tell what I found out regarding the $ky+ charge...at the
moment there is a promotion whereby if your on the top package you don't
have to pay the tenner a month charge...however the promotion runs out
on Thursday. I asked two relevent questions...1: Is this a limited
time bundled promotion (i.e. at a later stage can $ky decide to slap the
charge back on), the answer I got was No but I'm not sure that he really
understood the question. 2: Are $ky going to replace the promotion
with anything similar after Thursday? He wasn't able to answer this
one.

So anyway there you have it....draw your own conclusions.

Old July 29th 03, 01:34 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Paul Duffy

In article , walt99
@tiscali.co.uk says...
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:46:41 +0100, Paul Duffy paul at scim dot co
dot uk wrote:

After reading this newsgroup last night with regard to $ky+ and the
tenner charge I called $ky at about 1am to try and find out the truth of
the matter....and got through to a call centre person based
in.....India.

How did you know they were in India? They might have been in Burnley!
:-)

I did something very subtle and clever (yea right!)...I asked her if she
was in Livingston...she told me she was in India!! (She volunteered
it..I didn't ask her where she was)!!

Old July 29th 03, 03:00 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Doctor D.

Amazingly IMHO they're still better to deal with then NTHell!!!!!!

Old July 29th 03, 05:27 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian

dot uk wrote:

After reading this newsgroup last night with regard to $ky+ and the
tenner charge I called $ky at about 1am to try and find out the
truth of the matter....and got through to a call centre person based
in.....India.

How did you know they were in India? They might have been in
Burnley! :-)

I did something very subtle and clever (yea right!)...I asked her if
she was in Livingston...she told me she was in India!! (She
volunteered it..I didn't ask her where she was)!!

BT are siting some directory enquiries in India now.

Old July 30th 03, 01:54 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Angel

Paul Duffy wrote:
In article , Paul Duffy
paul at scim dot co dot uk says...

Anyway to tell what I found out regarding the $ky+ charge...at the
moment there is a promotion whereby if your on the top package you don't
have to pay the tenner a month charge...however the promotion runs out
on Thursday. I asked two relevent questions...1: Is this a limited
time bundled promotion (i.e. at a later stage can $ky decide to slap the
charge back on), the answer I got was No but I'm not sure that he really
understood the question.

From the conversation I just had a moment ago it seems you don't pay
the tenner a cmonth charge _only_ if you go for the mirror sub _and_
remain on the top package. When questioned she clearly stated that
should you down grade at any time then the tenner a month charge comes
into force.

The moral of the story. Only downgrade if you can reduce the package by
at least 10 squids to break even.

Angel