Another Sky+ Question (HDD).

Old July 28th 03, 02:22 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Holcroft

Default Another Sky+ Question (HDD).

"Nick Webster" wrote in message
Hi,

I've got a spare 120GB drive lying around, so I'm going to put in in my
new Sky+ box. After reading a few articles it seems that the free space
percentage reads like the box still had the original drive installed.

One article I read said the person had the recording type set to manual.
My question is is this because the drive will not record past 100% if
set to automatic (even though there is space left)?

Hope that makes sense!

TIA.
--
Nick Webster

No I have 120gb and it is set to auto no probs

The percentage thing is easy in that it is working in thirds

so 16% free means roughly half of 33% is free. So as long as you look at the
bar at the top you can tell which third or which 40gb of the 120 gb you are
in and then see how much of hat part has gone.

so if in second third of the bar and it says 16% you have actually used 48%
of the total (roughly)

Hope that makes sense