Best way to tune for Astra 2D

Old July 28th 03, 11:36 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
R W

Default Best way to tune for Astra 2D

Big Giblets wrote:
I'm in a marginal $ky recepion area (NW Germany).
I can get reasonable reception on Astra 2A channels with signal
strength and quality of over 5.
However ITV and BBC vary between "No signal" and the ocassional still
picture.
I set the system up last year using my analogue SatMeter but suspect
the dissh may have moved slightly
and with the switch to Astra 2D I need advice on the best cheap way
to get the dish spot on.
I seem to remember a post on changing the defalut transponder as on
idea. Can anybody help?
Thanks

Select manual tuning (can't remember if it's on the hidden menu or the
normal services menu)

Enter the freq & other details of a 2D channel

You will get a signal meter for that transponder.