Remote Control Codes (Sky+)

Old July 28th 03, 06:49 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Default Remote Control Codes (Sky+)

Nick Webster wrote:

My old standard Digibox remote worked with code 653, and controlled all
the functions I needed on my Thomson 32" WS TV. While the new Sky+
remote accepts this code, and the TV does receive the signal (the LED on
the front of the TV flashes), it will not provide the right functions.
All I want it volume and on/off. Pressing the on/off button brings up a
menu on the TV, and the volume buttons don't do anything.

Don't use a 3 digit code. Use the 4 digit code in the manual. If
necessary ignore the first codeset that works partially and continue
with the sequence until you find another that works fully.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 29th 03, 05:54 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

JonnySkyman wrote:

The latest versions of the Sky RCU for some reason do not seem to support
the Thomson TV's.

That's a drag. It's usually the other way round.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 29th 03, 02:23 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Nick Webster wrote:

Do you know where I can buy a new 'old' rem

Ask Satcure.

Old July 30th 03, 08:43 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
TrueBlue

Do you know if the new sky+ remote is exactly the same, in terms of
fuctionality?

The reason I ask is that I want to program some of the individual buttons in
'tv mode' like you could with the original sky remote. My sky+ remote will
not allow this...

"JonnySkyman" wrote in message

"Nick Webster" wrote in message
h says...

Don't use a 3 digit code. Use the 4 digit code in the manual. If
necessary ignore the first codeset that works partially and continue
with the sequence until you find another that works fully.

Done that, didn't work.

The latest versions of the Sky RCU for some reason do not seem to support
the Thomson TV's.
You will need to get an older remote.
If your remote is a whiteish colour (comes with PVR2) then it is the

newest
model. The silver ones are the first generation.

JS