SKY + : Does this mean no more 10 a month for EPG ?

Old July 27th 03, 06:14 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Ed

Default SKY + : Does this mean no more 10 a month for EPG ?

"amstereofan" wrote in message ...
27/07/03 Sky+ Dual Recording takes a step further
A source at Sky has mentioned to Sky Digi Online that Sky+ users will have
their 10 access fee dropped as from 1st October 2003. Also, Dual recording
will become a reality in Mid-August. Sky will also be launching three new
Sky+ boxes from October time, with a push towards Sky+ as the default
reciever in the maketplace in time for the Christmas sales. More on this as
we get it in the coming weeks.

I also saw this on http://skydigital.mediabullet.co.uk/
It just proves the power of competition, according to the timeline on
http://www.pvruk.co.uk/ from next month the PVR revolution will really
begin, with lots of PVRs coming onto the market. There is one strange
thing that they all have in common, you do not have to pay a 10 sub
to use them.
The thing is that of course none of them will be able to record from
encrypted Sky channels, but it will just prove how ridiculous the 10
Sky+ sub is.
Makes you wonder what would happen to the price of Sky subscriptions
if there was competition there too!
Old July 28th 03, 11:29 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Coffeeholic

I am moving house next Monday and rang Sky today to get a dish installed at
my new address next Tuesday. While I was on I also ordered Sky+ and when she
went through the various prices she told me there would be no 10 a month
charge.