no card in sytem

Old July 26th 03, 09:50 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
pink-lady

Default no card in sytem

just brought a second hand Amstrad digibox which was working fine.

now if I leave the card that came with with it it show the card no. and I
can get all the free cannels.

got a card from sky the family pack one which wont work in the box all it
says is no card yet if I put the old 1 back in it reads the card no. again
contact sky they sent a replacement card and that's the same.

can ne1 help

Old July 27th 03, 06:50 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Mike CJ wrote:

got a card from sky the family pack one which wont work in the box all it
says is no card yet if I put the old 1 back in it reads the card no. again
contact sky they sent a replacement card and that's the same.

You need to ring up Sky and get the new card "married" to the digibox, it will
then work but it will probably put the old card out of joint.

No. Even if the card and box aren't married the box should still read
the card and display the number in the system details.

I suspect that the box is running old software (pre V3.1). This can be
seen from the system details page. If the software version is old then
the software needs to be reloaded as described in the FAQ. If new
software won't load then the box may be useless.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.