Best way to tune for Astra 2D

Old July 26th 03, 05:27 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Default Best way to tune for Astra 2D

Big Giblets wrote:

However ITV and BBC vary between "No signal" and the ocassional still
picture.
I set the system up last year using my analogue SatMeter but suspect the
dissh may have moved slightly
and with the switch to Astra 2D I need advice on the best cheap way to get
the dish spot on.

Use a meter. A beeper type analogue one will do fine. Pay special
attention to the skew. Tweaking the skew may solve your problem
anyway.

It may also just be that your LNB is getting old or that you have
water ingress into the cable.

I seem to remember a post on changing the defalut transponder as on idea.

Pointless in your case.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 26th 03, 05:10 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
HJK

"Big Giblets" wrote in message
-
Thanks.
I used the SMW programme to calculate the skew as -16.2.
Just to clarify, standing facing the dish, with the LNB between me and the
dish, I should skew the LNB 16.2 degrees clockwise??

Yes !

Can also be calculated here
http://home.online.no/~jensts/Satellite/lookangles.htm

With a explenation here
http://home.online.no/~jensts/Satellite/lookinfo.htm

Presumably, I can use a spirit level to get my 0 and after that the

markings
on the LNB to set it up?
Exactly how sensitive is skew? Should I aim to get it at 16 degrees to the
nearest degree?

I dont think you will see any big difference +/- 1 degree.

Or should I try a number of positions and do it empirically?

That is probably the most pratical approach ;-)

This link might also be of interess:
http://www.astra2d.co.uk/astragerm.jpg