Two subscriptions... do they have to be in the same house?

Old July 25th 03, 11:14 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Colin Lambourne

Default Two subscriptions... do they have to be in the same house?

It is actually a second house and do not want to have to move the boxes each
time we go to the second place, we want to keep the two boxes in the first
place as they are and just take the card when we go to the other place....
can a single card be paired to two boxes?

"artnada" wrote in message
Colin Lambourne wrote:
|| We have two boxes in a house at the moment (with two subscriptions) and
have
|| just bought a new house and the previous tenants have left there box

and
|| dish. When we went to the second house the other day we tool one of the
|| cards and all worked fine, sports and movies. Then yesterday it did

when
we
|| tried to watch the sports or movies error 7 (?) came up saying this

isnt
the
|| right card for this box.
|| Is there anything wrong with what we are doing and is that why sky have
|| blocked us. Were paying for two subscriptions and can only watch the

two
of
|| them at the same time, does it need to be in the same house? Is there

any
|| way of getting it to work?
|| Kind regards,
|| Paul

why not bring one of your original boxes and try that? If you use your

card
in the 2nd houses box (the one left by previous owners), it will not work
properly.

You need to use your original boxes. Either that or phone sky to pair you
card with the box left behind by previous tenants.

Old July 25th 03, 11:27 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
j*

both boxes matched to the cards must remain in the same original house
connected to the same phone line, the only way to get what you want is to
take a box and paired card to the new house but you will keep having to
bringing it back to its registered phone line so it can phone home or it
will be blocked. Cards can only "marry" 1 box.

Old July 25th 03, 11:28 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Steeler

"Colin Lambourne" wrote in message
It is actually a second house and do not want to have to move the boxes

each
time we go to the second place, we want to keep the two boxes in the first
place as they are and just take the card when we go to the other place....
can a single card be paired to two boxes?

I think that each card must be paired to a single box at any one time.

Old July 25th 03, 12:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:14:44 +0000 (UTC), "Colin Lambourne"
wrote:

It is actually a second house and do not want to have to move the boxes each
time we go to the second place, we want to keep the two boxes in the first
place as they are and just take the card when we go to the other place....
can a single card be paired to two boxes?

No that is not possible. Sorry.
Old July 25th 03, 01:59 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
bigbrian

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:27:59 +0100, "j*" [email protected] wrote:

both boxes matched to the cards must remain in the same original house
connected to the same phone line,

but the TVs don't have to

the only way to get what you want is to
take a box and paired card to the new house but you will keep having to
bringing it back to its registered phone line so it can phone home or it
will be blocked. Cards can only "marry" 1 box.

Depends how far apart the houses are. Its something of a long shot,
but a digisender/receiver between the two houses, with box digiboxes
in the same house, would deliver the Sky from one to the other without
causing any problems caused by the boxes not being connected to the
same phone line. As I recall the advertised range in 2.4 GHz products
is up to 500 metres, but getting that kind of distance can be
something of a challenge.

But it would work between, say, next door neighbours who both wanted
Sky but at a reduced cost.

Old July 25th 03, 03:08 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

j* wrote:

both boxes matched to the cards must remain in the same original house
connected to the same phone line

Only for the cheap mirror sub arrangement. There is no such
requirement for full-price subs.

However, each card must be used in the correct box for the premium
(films, sport) channels to work. There are no ifs and buts about this.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 25th 03, 04:29 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
bigbrian

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:13:54 +0100, K wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:27:59 +0100, "j*" [email protected] wrote:

both boxes matched to the cards must remain in the same original house
connected to the same phone line,

Why?

To prevent someone taking a lower cost mirror sub with a second box
15 p/m vs up to 40 for the full package), and then giving the box to
someone else as a first box

Old July 28th 03, 10:11 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:29:17 +0100, bigbrian
wrote:

both boxes matched to the cards must remain in the same original house
connected to the same phone line,

Why?

To prevent someone taking a lower cost mirror sub with a second box
15 p/m vs up to 40 for the full package), and then giving the box to
someone else as a first box

He never said he had a mirror sub