Your viewing of some channels will soon cease - new message

Old July 24th 03, 08:30 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Stephen

Default Your viewing of some channels will soon cease - new message

Just noticed an updated message thst's popped up on screen in my second
digibox using an old card. It reads:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
'Your viewing of some channels will soon cease, Please call 08702 430604'

Mmmm looks like an updated version of the old message.

This message appeared on Sky News this evening around 6.30 pm

Old July 25th 03, 10:32 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mike Dann

"Jomtien" wrote in message
Stephen wrote:

'Your viewing of some channels will soon cease, '

Mmmm looks like an updated version of the old message.

Finally a version that isn't totally misleading.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)

Hi

I got it yesterday during the cricket on C4 at 17:00 or thereabouts.
Mike.

Old July 25th 03, 01:54 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
NO LOGO

"Mike Dann" wrote in message

"Jomtien" wrote in message
Stephen wrote:

'Your viewing of some channels will soon cease, '

Mmmm looks like an updated version of the old message.

Finally a version that isn't totally misleading.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)

Hi

I got it yesterday during the cricket on C4 at 17:00 or thereabouts.
Mike.

Me too. Received the message sometime yesterday afternoon on FIVE.

I cancelled it around 20:00 and it has not yet reappeared.

I fail to understand what Sky will achieve by cutting us off. It is a gift
horse for the BBC / FREE(crap)VIEW.

Old July 25th 03, 03:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Chris Vowles

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:54:03 +0000 (UTC), "NO LOGO"
wrote:

I fail to understand what Sky will achieve by cutting us off. It is a gift
horse for the BBC / FREE(crap)VIEW.

I can only assume they think many of the 600,000(?) FTV viewers are
going to subscribe to Sky to continue watching ITV1, Ch4 and five,
people already pay for ITV2, UK History, Ftn, UK Brightideas, Sky
Sports News, Eurosport, CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox News etc etc when they
are free on other platforms so people may do

Chris

http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/SkyAlt.htm

Old August 2nd 03, 05:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
matt

Stephen wrote:
Just noticed an updated message thst's popped up on screen in my second
digibox using an old card. It reads:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
'Your viewing of some channels will soon cease, Please call 08702 430604'

Mmmm looks like an updated version of the old message.

This message appeared on Sky News this evening around 6.30 pm

Do you have P1 or P2 card ?

Old August 2nd 03, 05:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
matt

NO LOGO wrote:
"Mike Dann" wrote in message

"Jomtien" wrote in message
. ..

Stephen wrote:

'Your viewing of some channels will soon cease, '

Mmmm looks like an updated version of the old message.

Finally a version that isn't totally misleading.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)

Hi

I got it yesterday during the cricket on C4 at 17:00 or thereabouts.
Mike.

Me too. Received the message sometime yesterday afternoon on FIVE.

I cancelled it around 20:00 and it has not yet reappeared.

I fail to understand what Sky will achieve by cutting us off. It is a gift
horse for the BBC / FREE(crap)VIEW.

Do you have a P1 or P2 card ?

Old August 11th 03, 05:51 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Edward L. Carpenter

wrote:

I fail to understand what Sky will achieve by cutting us off. It is a gift
horse for the BBC / FREE(crap)VIEW.

I can only assume they think many of the 600,000(?) FTV viewers are
going to subscribe to Sky to continue watching ITV1, Ch4 and five,
people already pay for ITV2, UK History, Ftn, UK Brightideas, Sky
Sports News, Eurosport, CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox News etc etc when they
are free on other platforms so people may do

Chris

http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/SkyAlt.htm

I do assume as well some sky marketing managers behind this. Trying to
draw benefits of the new situation. If they want to cut they will
probably cut in the own flesh. I mean advertising broadcasting by
ITV1, C4 and five will fall down and therefore those channels will
seriously consider to follow the BBC steps. So the only thing I want
to know is how to get banned this disturbing message out of screen.