Red picture

Old July 24th 03, 11:09 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Johnny

Default Red picture

Possibly not a Sky question but my TV picture has gone red only (Worn out
the blue on the movies?) in RGB output but ok in PAL output. Is this likely
to be TV (JVC) or digibox (Sony) ? Hope someone can suggest a simple fix as
picture is much better in RGB.

Johnny

Old July 24th 03, 11:26 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Tiny Tim

artnada wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Possibly not a Sky question but my TV picture has gone red only
(Worn out the blue on the movies?) in RGB output but ok in PAL
output. Is this likely to be TV (JVC) or digibox (Sony) ? Hope
someone can suggest a simple fix as picture is much better in RGB.

Johnny

scart?

I have a JVC TV and Amstrad Digibox connected via RGB SCART. Any/every time
that autoview switches channels, or even autoswitches to the same channel,
my picture takes on a darker and more reddish tone. This is immediately
corrected if I simply change channels manually, say up one and down again.

I reported this a few days ago on this nesgroup. The cause might be due to
marginal voltages and weak connections. I did a bit of wire wiggling and the
problem appeared to go away but returned within the same day. There is no
problem with the composite output to the VCR when this happens, it's only
RGB to the TV that goes tits up.

I don't know how to effect a permanent cure but it's easy to fix each time
it occurs. It just means that I now only use autoview for recording purposes
and not to control the TV channels for a whole evening's viewing.

This may all have nothing to do with your problem but we do have JVC TV, RGB
SCART and reddish piture in common.

Old July 24th 03, 02:10 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Fred Glaser

Hi
Your tv isn't a Philips per chance?
Fred

Old July 24th 03, 04:40 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Johnny

"artnada" wrote in message
Johnny wrote:
|| Possibly not a Sky question but my TV picture has gone red only (Worn

out
|| the blue on the movies?) in RGB output but ok in PAL output. Is this
likely
|| to be TV (JVC) or digibox (Sony) ? Hope someone can suggest a simple

fix
as
|| picture is much better in RGB.
|| Johnny

scart?

Scart problem spot on, should have spotted it myself - thanks.

Johnny

Old July 24th 03, 05:05 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Johnny wrote:

Hope someone can suggest a simple fix as
picture is much better in RGB.

As mentioned, try wiggling your scart. Failing that, replace the
scart.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----