Pace 5512 vs Pace 2600

Old July 22nd 03, 07:58 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Welsh Howler

Default Pace 5512 vs Pace 2600

My trusty old Pace 2200 has finally bitten the dust after almost 5 years of
service, due to what appears to be a power supply failure following a
lightning strike in our area.

My insurance company will replace the box and have arranged for delivery of
a Pace 5512. I'm not sure that this is the latest Pace box, I thought the
2600 was. Am I correct ? and how old is the 5512 ? Should I hold out for a
2600 ?

TIA

Old July 22nd 03, 11:09 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Carl

"Welsh Howler" wrote in message
s.com...
My trusty old Pace 2200 has finally bitten the dust after almost 5 years

of
service, due to what appears to be a power supply failure following a
lightning strike in our area.

My insurance company will replace the box and have arranged for delivery

of
a Pace 5512. I'm not sure that this is the latest Pace box, I thought the
2600 was. Am I correct ? and how old is the 5512 ? Should I hold out for a
2600 ?

TIA

The Pace 5512 is actually a Pace 2500S (the 5512 comes from it's use of the
ST 5512 processor). It's the one before the 2600, and does the job well.
IIRC it's about 18 months old.

--
Carl

Old July 23rd 03, 12:10 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Carl

"Carl" wrote in message

[...]

Specifically, a 2500S3 - it's silver. Check out reviews on the web.

--
Carl

Old July 23rd 03, 08:22 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
steve

Ignore any 5512 ref.. It's just an old number that they use and have never
changed on their system.
They always supply the latest model, currently the 2600..