Dual Recording Update

Old July 22nd 03, 05:34 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Johnathan

Default Dual Recording Update

I've got a recording that I can't watch, the on screen icon shows it playing
and you can forward and reverse, however all you get on screen is a frozen
image of the last thing you were watching before you started the playback of
the dodgy recording.

Anyway, to get to the point. I spoke with a very knowledgeable person via
the Sky+ technical line (Yes, a few of them do exist and this one even had
Sky+ themselves - probably for free!!!). The problem I have is a known
problem (I think due to disk errors at the start of the recording) and a fix
will be available with the next major software download (too allow recovery
of the rest of the recording I think).

Also in this download will be DUAL RECORDING and the capability to TRANSFER
A LIVE PAUSED PROGRAM TO THE HARD DISK to watch later.

Upgrade is due at the end of the summer (I know we have heard it before) but
in their opinion, as Sky is always late, we should get it in August. I am
starting to believe Sky more now as the specs seem to be more closely
defined. Anyone else have any info ... ?

Regards

Johnathan