Sky + Remote - Scart control

Old July 22nd 03, 02:32 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Peter Pratten

Default Sky + Remote - Scart control

In uk.tech.tv.sky, bigbrian writes

Is there a way to get the Sky+ remote to control Scart selection for
the TV? Our Sky+ remote does all the usual TV controls like volume and
channel changing and so on absolutely fine, but we still have to rely
on the original TV remote to flip between the Scart channels on the TV
to watch Sat, VCR or DVD. Its actually the only thing we use the TV
remote for, and, one day, we're going to lose it. Whenw e do, we're
buggered. Won't be able to watch a video or DVD again unless......?

On my main TV (Philips) the Help button steps round each external
connection and S-video alternatives in turn. On the bedroom TV (Sony
with one Scart) it is the Select button. Some TVs can reach the
externals by using the CH- button to step below 1. YMMV.

VCR switching should be done via the pin 8 of the Scart cable when you
use Play or setting the timer (We do have an old model which doesn't do
it for programing).
--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only
Old July 22nd 03, 10:40 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
bigbrian

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 02:32:25 +0100, Peter Pratten
wrote:

In uk.tech.tv.sky, bigbrian writes

Is there a way to get the Sky+ remote to control Scart selection for
the TV? Our Sky+ remote does all the usual TV controls like volume and
channel changing and so on absolutely fine, but we still have to rely
on the original TV remote to flip between the Scart channels on the TV
to watch Sat, VCR or DVD. Its actually the only thing we use the TV
remote for, and, one day, we're going to lose it. Whenw e do, we're
buggered. Won't be able to watch a video or DVD again unless......?

On my main TV (Philips) the Help button steps round each external
connection and S-video alternatives in turn. On the bedroom TV (Sony
with one Scart) it is the Select button. Some TVs can reach the
externals by using the CH- button to step below 1. YMMV.

Yep, got it. Thanks to you and to everyone else who replied. Its the
help button and it works fine. And, as it happens, we've now lost the
TV remote, so we got there just in time!

VCR switching should be done via the pin 8 of the Scart cable when you
use Play or setting the timer (We do have an old model which doesn't do
it for programing).

Doesn't seem to autoswitch at all, for either the VCR or the DVD
player.

Old July 23rd 03, 11:45 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Simon Kempster

Doesn't seem to autoswitch at all, for either the VCR or the DVD
player.

Have you got fully wired SCART cables? That's the most likely reason
for it not to auto-switch. Just seeing all the pins at each end
doesn't necessarily mean that it's fully wired, though. You might
like to invest in one cable (doesn't have to be expensive) to see if
it will auto-switch. Unless your TV won't do it, though that would be
unusual.

Simon Kempster