Screen Size Output from Digibox?

Old July 21st 03, 09:46 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
The Old Man

Default Screen Size Output from Digibox?

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if there is a set resolution (screen size) that a
Sky Digibox outputs via Scart? Similar to a DVD is 720x756 etc. I am
experimenting with capturing video from Sky and need to know what screen
size the source video is?

Many thanks,
Graham.

Old July 22nd 03, 09:18 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
HJK

"Paul Martin" wrote in message
The Old Man wrote:

Can someone please tell me if there is a set resolution (screen size)

that a
Sky Digibox outputs via Scart? Similar to a DVD is 720x756 etc. I am
experimenting with capturing video from Sky and need to know what screen
size the source video is?

The BBC uses 720x576 (with much reduction of chroma detail)

Croma resolution is always reduced by 50% in 4:2:0 video
compared to luminance. Both on DVB & DVD.

, but most
other channels use lower horizontal resolutions (540, 480).

Which is stretched to fit into 720x576 with pan&scan. When you capture
video from a Digibox I guess the setting 720x576 must be used.

Old July 22nd 03, 05:39 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
simtan

The Old Man wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please tell me if there is a set resolution (screen size)
that a Sky Digibox outputs via Scart? Similar to a DVD is 720x756
etc. I am experimenting with capturing video from Sky and need to
know what screen size the source video is?

Many thanks,
Graham.

As the output is analogue you can sample a whatever rate you want. There is
576 lines, so 768x576 will give you sqaure pixels for 4:3

Sim

Old July 22nd 03, 08:56 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
The Old Man

"simtan" wrote in message
The Old Man wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please tell me if there is a set resolution (screen size)
that a Sky Digibox outputs via Scart? Similar to a DVD is 720x756
etc. I am experimenting with capturing video from Sky and need to
know what screen size the source video is?

Many thanks,
Graham.

As the output is analogue you can sample a whatever rate you want. There

is
576 lines, so 768x576 will give you sqaure pixels for 4:3

Sim

Thanks for the info guys, I never knew there were differences between
Channels!

Regards,
Graham.