How strange of "Jomtien"

Old July 21st 03, 08:47 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Stevenatherton

Default How strange of "Jomtien"

well scrap the the lot i dont want the bbc to pay for fta cards for you to get
c5 ring up c5 and complain its like asking ford to fix my merc under warrenty
they would not do it
Old July 21st 03, 09:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
DES

"Stevenatherton" wrote in message
well scrap the the lot i dont want the bbc to pay for fta cards for you to

get
c5 ring up c5 and complain its like asking ford to fix my merc under

warrenty
they would not do it

It is nothing like the example you quoted.
ITV1, Channel 4 and Channel 5 are being taken away.
That is three fifths of the usual ftv channels that would be available to
most terrestrial viewers through an aerial. Is the BBC going to reduce the
licence fee by three fifths?

---

Old July 22nd 03, 05:38 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
The Wizard

"DES" wrote in message

"Stevenatherton" wrote in message
well scrap the the lot i dont want the bbc to pay for fta cards for you

get
c5 ring up c5 and complain its like asking ford to fix my merc under

warrenty
they would not do it

It is nothing like the example you quoted.
ITV1, Channel 4 and Channel 5 are being taken away.
That is three fifths of the usual ftv channels that would be available to
most terrestrial viewers through an aerial. Is the BBC going to reduce

the
licence fee by three fifths?

YOU appear to be blaming the BBC because you can't your three fifths of the
terrestrial channels BUT who forced you to buy a *totally controlled by Sky*
box???
I buy a TV but it is not totally controled by either of the terrestrial
channels,I buy a VCR and that's the same.
I buy a Sky box and I'm dependent on what channels SKY decide to encrypt or
let go FTA,I buy Sky+ and suddenly I'm dependent on Sky to enable me record
AND charge me a monthly fee to do so!

I know this is a SKY newsgroup but remember ITV,Channel 4 and 5 have nothing
to do with Sky!
ITV (at a good guess) will follow the BBC soonever their contract with Sky
runs out and go totally FTA..After all they was FORCED onto satellite by Sky
moaning to the government over the *All the terrestrial channels will have
to be available on All platforms before analogue switch off* law.

Jomtien is simply sat on the fence looking at it both ways and there's no
denying Sky has total control and usually the final say on what channel
stays FTA and which stays encrypted.
Most people got their boxes for free..Did you really think that giving boxes
free meant Sky were just being charitable?
*Bums on seats* to Sky meant * We do as we please and the customer either
likes it or lumps it* :-(

I do sypathise for those with crap reception via their terrestrial aerial
but I doubt Sky are doing so,They'll be just rubbing their hand together and
awaiting the extra subscription cash to start flowing in.

I do wonder why people buy Sky boxes that go off in HEAVY rain just for
watching FTA terrestrial channels TBH (Especially those who can get adaquate
reception from their aerial)

I'd guess this is just a testing period by Sky to see if they pull any extra
famaily package subscribers in whilst the three channels are still encrypted
(Though again to be frank it should be up to the government to step in and
sort this mess out quickly)

Old July 23rd 03, 07:57 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
DES

"Stevenatherton" wrote in message
you dont pay any licence fee for itv c4 c5 so you have lost nothing

Apparently you are unaware that you pay a licence fee for the privilege of
owning a television receiver. You don't pay for watching BBC programs. You
would have to pay the licence if you never watched a single TV program in
your life. Even if you use it to watch DVDs or VCR tapes because it is
CAPABLE or receiving TV stations (ANY) you pay a licence.
How people as ignorant of the facts as yourself have the nerve to post to a
news group and display your ignorance to everybody is truly amazing.

---