No BBC or ITV when using Sky Box in caravan

Old July 21st 03, 08:31 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
steve

Default No BBC or ITV when using Sky Box in caravan

Hi there

I have a normal Sky digital box and a new Sky card with the full package,
plus a spare dish to allow me to use the kit in a caravan.

At home I get all the channels fine, but over the weekend I was in a caravan
in Gloucestershire and was unable to get any of the BBC channels (1,2, 3,4
or News24) or ITV/ITV2. Every other channel was perfect and the signal
strength look fine. I tried adjusting the dish quite a bit but could not get
the channels!

Any suggestions?

Old July 22nd 03, 07:29 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

steve wrote:

unable to get any of the BBC channels (1,2, 3,4
or News24) or ITV/ITV2.

This is a FAQ.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)

Old July 22nd 03, 10:55 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
steve

I did suspect that but since I had managed to get good signals on the rest,
I assumed I was pretty near correct for alignment - moving left/right and
up/down didn't help at all. Guess hand alignment for these channels is a
little trickier that the rest.

Old July 23rd 03, 06:32 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian

steve wrote:
I did suspect that but since I had managed to get good signals on the
rest, I assumed I was pretty near correct for alignment - moving
left/right and up/down didn't help at all. Guess hand alignment for
these channels is a little trickier that the rest.

It's more likely to be the 22KHz switching problem, see the FAQ.

Old July 25th 03, 06:24 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Stevenatherton wrote:

if you have no card in the box it some times wont work on bbc progs unless you
input the channels into the add channels section

This should change on July 29.