Is there a FAQ list for this group?

Old July 21st 03, 08:17 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
qUACK

Default Is there a FAQ list for this group?

Old July 21st 03, 08:46 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jim Murphy

"qUACK" wrote in message

Yes. You could have looked through the group, and seen that it was posted as
long ago as..... Yesterday Morning.

Old July 22nd 03, 12:22 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Justin Thyme

"Jim Murphy" wrote in message

"qUACK" wrote in message

Yes. You could have looked through the group, and seen that it was posted

as
long ago as..... Yesterday Morning.

I have no record showing of any Jomtien posting since 14 July (other than
replies) yet if I search using the Find command I see the FAQ posting
mentioned. Could anyone tell me please why this should be?

Old July 22nd 03, 01:02 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Gareth Kitchener

Justin Thyme said:

"Jim Murphy" wrote in message

"qUACK" wrote in message

Yes. You could have looked through the group, and seen that it was posted

as
long ago as..... Yesterday Morning.

I have no record showing of any Jomtien posting since 14 July (other than
replies) yet if I search using the Find command I see the FAQ posting
mentioned. Could anyone tell me please why this should be?

You are using broken newsreading software?

--
Gareth Kitchener
Bedfordshire, England
Old July 22nd 03, 07:29 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Justin Thyme wrote:

I have no record showing of any Jomtien posting since 14 July (other than
replies) yet if I search using the Find command I see the FAQ posting
mentioned. Could anyone tell me please why this should be?

It's because for the daily reminder and weekly FAQ post I actually
modify and re-post the original message rather than create a new one,
due to idleness. This means that the original date remains unchanged.
What I should do is post an entirely new message whenever there are
updates and I shall make a point of doing so from now on.

My apologies to anyone who has been put out by this.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 22nd 03, 11:47 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Justin Thyme

-- Thanks v. much for the explanation. I know it's now going off topic

but do
you know why some people like previous poster Gareth must be able to read
these postings...unless he is using Find to search them out and yet

others,
like me, can't?

sorry...meant Jim

Old July 22nd 03, 07:25 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Justin Thyme

Given that you are using OE you should have no trouble. Perhaps you
have created a rule that deletes any regular identical posts? Or
perhaps your news-server does this for you?

Could you see the daily reminder that I posted this morning?

No but I can *Find* it. The last postings of yours, apart from replies that
I can see are on 13 July with Subjects beginning ...Updated FAQ........ and
Sky Digital FAQ.........

The postings subject::... ***Newbies.....don't appear at all this month
but I can *Find* about 20!

As you can see from other postings, I have no rules set and no blocked
senders. Current View is set to show all messages. I am using
text.news.ntlworld.com. I wonder if that is significant.. I'll try to find
out.. Thanks for your help and too for the FAQ.

Old July 22nd 03, 08:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Justin Thyme

Could you see the daily reminder that I posted this morning?

No but I can *Find* it. The last postings of yours, apart from replies

that
I can see are on 13 July with Subjects beginning ...Updated FAQ........

and
Sky Digital FAQ.........

The postings subject::... ***Newbies.....don't appear at all this month
but I can *Find* about 20!

As you can see from other postings, I have no rules set and no blocked
senders. Current View is set to show all messages. I am using
text.news.ntlworld.com. I wonder if that is significant.. I'll try to

find
out.. Thanks for your help and too for the FAQ.

Sorted )

I added a new news account, news.ntlworld.com. All your postings are there!
I had read that the text version was more reliable and faster if you were
not interested in binaries. However nothing is ever a complete solution it
seems.