BBC Channels - Help Required Please

Old July 20th 03, 08:34 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Richardjlavender

Default BBC Channels - Help Required Please

I would like to ask a question , the answer to which I cannot see in the Faq's.
I recently purchased a Panasonic digibox which I intend to use on an FTA
basis, however since putting up the dish and obtaining the FTA sky card I have
not been able to receive any BBC channels in the menu line up, only the cheaper
FTA ones. The previous owner of the box must have had BBC2 as part of his
'Favourites' selection as I am able to receive BBC 2 when I press the blue
button on the Sky remote. When I dial 101 for example on the keypad, the
screen says 'Channel Unavailable' I have tried doing a software download but
still no luck. I am aware that I may not be able to receive ITV CH4 & 5 but I
would have thought that I would be able to receive all BBC channels. All very
frustrating because I know the BBC channels are there but I can't properly
access them. Can anyone help me.... please?
Old July 21st 03, 06:08 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Richardjlavender wrote:

When I dial 101 for example on the keypad, the
screen says 'Channel Unavailable' I have tried doing a software download but
still no luck. I am aware that I may not be able to receive ITV CH4 & 5 but I
would have thought that I would be able to receive all BBC channels. All very
frustrating because I know the BBC channels are there but I can't properly
access them.

Can you see ch. 998?

Is the card serial number reported correctly on the services-system
details page?

Has the card been activated?

You can always tune in the new regional channels manually (see the
FAQ) whilst waiting for them all to become correctly flagged as FTA
which should occur on July 29, apparently.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.