Sky cards in different digiboxes.

Old July 20th 03, 05:39 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
The Simpson`s

Default Sky cards in different digiboxes.

Last week I was advised by Mark on this group that I could use my home sky
card in the sky receiver that I have in my caravan and still receive most
programmes. Well I`ve tried it and he`s right, I can receive the full family
package of programs. On my return I`ve put the card back into my home
digibox and all is OK. So the cards are no longer tied to a specific digibox
then? This surprised me, or can you only move the card a set number of
times? I`m aware that wear on the card contacts is not a good thing.

Old July 20th 03, 08:51 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mark

"The Simpson`s" wrote in message news
Last week I was advised by Mark on this group that I could use my home sky
card in the sky receiver that I have in my caravan and still receive most
programmes. Well I`ve tried it and he`s right, I can receive the full family
package of programs. On my return I`ve put the card back into my home
digibox and all is OK. So the cards are no longer tied to a specific digibox
then? This surprised me, or can you only move the card a set number of
times? I`m aware that wear on the card contacts is not a good thing.

No you can do this as many times as you want (subject to card wear) its only the premium channels that are locked to a
specific box plus a few others but not many.

I have 2 boxes at home one with the full sky pack and the other with a FTV BBC card but if I want to watch something on
the other box that's not FTA/FTV I just use the other card (I have no TV aerial as it fell off the roof ages ago) so
satellite is the main TV feed to the house

Old July 20th 03, 09:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
www.kernow-telecom.co.uk

"Mark" wrote in message

[...]

All premium channels, attheraces and ITV 2 are locked to boxes. All other
channels should be ok. The BBC channels used to be locked also, but as they
are now FTA, that is not a problem anymore.

HTH,

Simon

Get a Nokia 6100 on Orange YourPlan 200 for nothing with freebies!
FREE Nokia unlocks, unmetered internet from 3.99 and ADSL from only 19.99!
http://www.kernow-telecom.co.uk