Sky News - widescreen?

Old July 19th 03, 01:59 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mike Cawood

Default Sky News - widescreen?

I thought that Sky News was supposed to be going to widescreen to bring it up
to the standards of BBC News 24, when is this going to happen?
Mike.

---

Old July 20th 03, 06:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Mike Cawood wrote:

I thought that Sky News was supposed to be going to widescreen to bring it up
to the standards of BBC News 24,

They'll have to do a fair bit more than change the screen format to
achieve that!

Sky News. All the news, all the time. Even the news that didn't
actually happen. Doh.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 20th 03, 01:26 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Ant

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:59:25 +0100, "Mike Cawood"
wrote:

I thought that Sky News was supposed to be going to widescreen to bring it up
to the standards of BBC News 24, when is this going to happen?

Down to the standards of News 24, you mean? Most news is 4:3 -
cropping and zooming it just to pretend that you have a widescreen
news channel is exclusively a BBC folly.

Old July 21st 03, 06:06 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
DES

wrote:

I thought that Sky News was supposed to be going to widescreen to bring

it up
to the standards of BBC News 24, when is this going to happen?

Down to the standards of News 24, you mean? Most news is 4:3 -
cropping and zooming it just to pretend that you have a widescreen
news channel is exclusively a BBC folly.

That isn't really the case anymore. Most reports are widescreen.

How good to know our licence fees are being used for something really

important. After all it isn't as though we could get the news any other
way. And it's so nice to know that BBC news isn't a pack of lies, or is it?

---