Sky+ Power Comsumption

Old July 18th 03, 12:31 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
PhilÅ

Default Sky+ Power Comsumption

Personally and through experience a Hard drive is stressed during its power
up cycle. The spinning up the drive to 7200 or is it 5400 in these things
will cause more stressed to the HDD than leaving it on all the time.
Also the heat decreases and increases to the box will cause more problems
than just leaving the thing on??.

I know people worry about leaving things with power attached overnight, my
great aunt was so obsessed with removing all power from her electrical items
overnight, she used to take the batteries out of her vibrator!.

Anyways my advice, leave the box on, it will do more harm over time
switching it on and off every night.

"Steve J" wrote in message
Hi

I seem to have mislaid my sky+ manual. I am growing concerned about
the amount of power this thing consumes when on standby (40w for doing
nothing I recall). I am therefore thinking about putting it on a time
switch set up to power down when it is never, ever used - e.g.
weekdays 05:00 - 17:00.

Please will someone be kind enough to post the power consumption
ratings for standby and switched on modes.

Thank you

SteveJ