Onscreen graphics have disappeared

Old July 17th 03, 06:28 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Scott

Default Onscreen graphics have disappeared

Hi all, have a bit of a problem.

What with the recent thunderstorms, I unplugged my Grundig box yesterday
just in case. I plug it back in this evening, and although it powers up,
changes channels etc, there's no on-screen display! I can flick through the
channels as usual, but I don't know which channel I'm on unless the station
gives the game away. No Now/Next box, when I press the services button the
menu loads but most of the graphics are missing.

What gives?

Old July 17th 03, 11:11 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
John Smith

Probably a spike zapped some of the EEROM. Do a forced upgrade.

(Power off, hold the back-up key on the unit itself and power on).

John

Old July 18th 03, 09:17 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
JonnySkyman

"Scott" wrote in message
Hi all, have a bit of a problem.

What with the recent thunderstorms, I unplugged my Grundig box yesterday
just in case. I plug it back in this evening, and although it powers up,
changes channels etc, there's no on-screen display! I can flick through

the
channels as usual, but I don't know which channel I'm on unless the

station
gives the game away. No Now/Next box, when I press the services button the
menu loads but most of the graphics are missing.

What gives?

Go into the services menu and select option 4 foloowed by option 1.

Make sure that the option for 'search and Scan banner timeout is NOT set to
0' . Five seconds is the norm.

Js

Old July 18th 03, 11:11 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Scott

Can't go into the services menu. The background appears but does nothing
else. :/

Only got this box as a replacement the other week as my old Amstrad DRX300's
tuner wen't bye-byes.

Old July 18th 03, 04:32 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brendan DJ Murphy

Have you plugged the TV SCART lead into the VCR SCART socket on the
digibox?

The Search&Scan banner also appears on the VCR scart. Discovered this to my
annoyance when I accidently pressed SELECT during a recording.

Brendan

Old July 18th 03, 04:39 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
JonnySkyman

"Scott" wrote in message
Can't go into the services menu. The background appears but does nothing
else. :/

Try reinstalling the software : -

Press and hold the "back up" button on the front of the receiver (Not the
handset), whilst keeping the back up button pressed, switch the "receiver
off at the mains" then back on. After approx 10 to 20 seconds all the lights
on the front of the receiver will come on followed by a message on screen
(If connected via a scart lead). The message will indicate that the system
software is being updated and please leave for 10 minutes you can now
release the "Back up" button. On some of the newer faster digiboxes this may
only take 5 minutes, once completed the message will disappear from the
screen, leave for approx 30 seconds and press the sky button to resume
normal operation. By going to "Services" then "System Set up" you will see
that the software version has now been changed and is fully updated.

See if this helps.

Js

Old July 20th 03, 11:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Scott

"Paul Martin" wrote in message
JonnySkyman wrote:

Press and hold the "back up" button on the front of the receiver (Not

the
handset), whilst keeping the back up button pressed, switch the

"receiver
off at the mains" then back on. After approx 10 to 20 seconds all the

lights
on the front of the receiver will come on followed by a message on

screen
(If connected via a scart lead).

It also appears on UHF channel 68 or 69, which is the modulator's
default setting.

I've been using the UHF 68 output since ever, not connected directly with a
scart. Never got round to it :-/