Best quad LNB?

Old July 16th 03, 10:40 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Nobby

Default Best quad LNB?

Hi Everyone - I'll try to be brief.

Trees!!!!

Getting in the way - so I've asked my neighbour if I can take a feed from
his dish. Obviously, I'll pay for the upgrade of his old LNB, but is there
one make/type of Quad LNB that stands out head and shoulders above the
others.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Old July 17th 03, 06:45 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Nobby

"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message
Be careful to get an LNB with four universal outputs, as opposed to one

with
four fixed outputs.
I haven't noticed any significant differences between the major brands.
If the neighbour has a Sky minidish you have to use an LNB designed for

such a
dish, rather than one designed for 'normal' dishes.

Bill
Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery
Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic
Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography
All anoraks MUST visit
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html

Thanks, Bill.

Appreciated!

Old July 17th 03, 07:40 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mark

"Nobby" wrote in message ...
Hi Everyone - I'll try to be brief.

Trees!!!!

Getting in the way - so I've asked my neighbour if I can take a feed from
his dish. Obviously, I'll pay for the upgrade of his old LNB, but is there
one make/type of Quad LNB that stands out head and shoulders above the
others.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

I have a cambridge quad LNB fitted to my dish (channel master) works fine signal streanth and quality are about the same

Old July 17th 03, 08:15 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian

Nobby wrote:
Hi Everyone - I'll try to be brief.

Trees!!!!

Getting in the way - so I've asked my neighbour if I can take a feed
from his dish. Obviously, I'll pay for the upgrade of his old LNB,
but is there one make/type of Quad LNB that stands out head and
shoulders above the others.

I fitted a Philips to my dish, no problems whatsoever.

Old July 19th 03, 12:12 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
jackal

I think it would be wise to go for a Sky Zone 2 60cm dish as well. This is
because the quad LNBs are heavy and can make it easier for a Zone 1 30cm
dish to become misaligned in heavy wind. Also, prevents signal break-up
(which could cause pressure between you and your generous neighbour).

Old July 19th 03, 03:03 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Wrightsaerials

I think it would be wise to go for a Sky Zone 2 60cm dish as well. This is
because the quad LNBs are heavy and can make it easier for a Zone 1 30cm
dish to become misaligned in heavy wind. Also, prevents signal break-up
(which could cause pressure between you and your generous neighbour).

I'm never really happy about the Region 1 dishes. The BER is just good enough -
and that's not good enough!