Spent 24.95 for Cambridge audio Atlantic 4.8 Interconnect To improve Sky Digital sound... Good or bad buy?????

Old July 16th 03, 06:49 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
Loftus

Default Spent 24.95 for Cambridge audio Atlantic 4.8 Interconnect To improve Sky Digital sound... Good or bad buy?????

http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index....tl.php&p=42454

Still getting glitches on Sky Digital CH 863 & I have had the Sky box
Version 2 box changed[I reckon bug in 1.24i1 EPG version].

Will now connect Freeview box with old basic 5 metre wire connection
Red & white leads to Phono on amp.

Also bought cambridge optical 5.2 39.95 so I can nick the Music
Choice library.
Old July 16th 03, 06:52 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
Lewis

Still getting glitches on Sky Digital CH 863 & I have had the Sky box
Version 2 box changed[I reckon bug in 1.24i1 EPG version].

Will now connect Freeview box with old basic 5 metre wire connection
Red & white leads to Phono on amp.

Also bought cambridge optical 5.2 39.95 so I can nick the Music
Choice library.

As they say, CICO [Crap In Crap Out]. The interconnects help improve the
quality of sound between the unit and the amp, but if you have crappy media,
it won't really make too much difference. That means, if the box is at fault
or is fed low bitrates, interconnects won't help much.

--
Lewis.

Old July 16th 03, 08:24 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
Mark Gillespie

Lewis enlightened the world by saying on 16/07/2003 19:52:

Still getting glitches on Sky Digital CH 863 & I have had the Sky box
Version 2 box changed[I reckon bug in 1.24i1 EPG version].

Will now connect Freeview box with old basic 5 metre wire connection
Red & white leads to Phono on amp.

Also bought cambridge optical 5.2 39.95 so I can nick the Music
Choice library.

As they say, CICO [Crap In Crap Out]. The interconnects help improve the
quality of sound between the unit and the amp, but if you have crappy media,
it won't really make too much difference. That means, if the box is at fault
or is fed low bitrates, interconnects won't help much.

I find it facinating how people spend small fortunes on their
interconnects, have special cores and shielding, gold plugs low loss
wires etc, yet as soon as those phono sockets are inside the appliance,
it's all run down copper tracks, through tin/lead solder joints and
resistors.... Fools :-)

Old July 16th 03, 09:32 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
loz

"Loftus" wrote in message
om...
http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index....tl.php&p=42454

Still getting glitches on Sky Digital CH 863 & I have had the Sky box
Version 2 box changed[I reckon bug in 1.24i1 EPG version].

Will now connect Freeview box with old basic 5 metre wire connection
Red & white leads to Phono on amp.

Also bought cambridge optical 5.2 39.95 so I can nick the Music
Choice library.

They saw you coming.

Loz

Old July 17th 03, 01:41 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
John

"Paul Martin"

Speaker cable? I'll bet you can't tell the difference between a Monster
cable and 45A twin and earth. :-)

Just looking through this catalogue for Maplin's which has a 100 metre
drum of Hi-Fi loudspeaker cable at a normal price of 39.99.
Rated to 18 Amp with core size of 2.48 mm.
While the nearest equivalent is 2.5mm T&E which for 100 metre drum
costs 31.99

So two cored 2.48mm cable with single layer of insulation cost more than
a three cored 2.5mm T&E cable with double insulation.

What more you will never use the whole of the 100m drum while at least with the
T&E you can do your speakers and install some extra sockets. You can even
get better clips for T&E.

Somebody is making money, what it ain't me.

John

Old July 19th 03, 07:09 PM posted to alt.radio.digital,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
simtan

Paul Martin wrote:
In article ,
QrizB wrote:
On 17 Jul 2003 13:15:35 GMT, Paul Martin wrote:

Speaker cable? I'll bet you can't tell the difference between a
Monster cable and 45A twin and earth. :-)

http://sound.westhost.com/cables-p2.htm

Thanks for that. I'm reminded of the time I visited an audiophile who
played me one of his favourite CDs on his system. I commented, "That
recording was made before 1980." "How can you tell?" said he. "Tape
hiss." said I. "What tape hiss?" said he.

Still with a revealing system a reasonable standard of cables make a
difference. I hope I'm not an "audiopile", at least I do remember to enjoy
the music

Sim