Message of death

Old July 16th 03, 02:50 PM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.tv.sky
austin500

Default Message of death

"Simon Gardner" [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message
I just got the 'you won't be able to watch this pretty soon' come up on

two
FTV $ky boxes on $KY NEWS1

It's a sign from God telling us we need to get out more. :-)

Old July 16th 03, 05:52 PM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.tv.sky
Mark Carver

Simon Gardner wrote:

I'm not moving from my aircon until it gets down to 21 degrees.
Seriously, though, is $ky really intending to encrypt $ky News on
28.2E? (The message just rebounds until you take the card out.)
Shirley shome mishtake?

I think it may be because the t/p that Sky News is on, does seem
to have the Videoguard data carousal present, despite none of
the actual channels on there being encrypted.

Before July 10th some people reported the message of doom
whilst tuned to a BBC channel. Has anyone seen the message
since the 10th on the Beeb ?

Old July 17th 03, 07:06 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Geoff Rimmer

"Mark Carver" writes:

Before July 10th some people reported the message of doom whilst
tuned to a BBC channel. Has anyone seen the message since the 10th
on the Beeb ?

Yes, I even got it on a BBC Radio station yesterday (16 July)!

This morning, I decided to remove the (ex-Sky P1) card for good (or at
least until the government/ITV/C4/C5/Sky get their acts together), and
I've changed my Tivo to record ITV1, C4 and C5 from my Freeview box.
The trouble is, these recordings will now be in mono (via the RF
cable), and it doesn't pass through Widescreen signals, so I have to
manually change the TV's settings.

--
Geoff Rimmer www.sillyfish.com
Old July 17th 03, 07:44 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mark Carver

Geoff Rimmer wrote:
"Mark Carver" writes:

Before July 10th some people reported the message of doom whilst
tuned to a BBC channel. Has anyone seen the message since the 10th
on the Beeb ?

Yes, I even got it on a BBC Radio station yesterday (16 July)!

That's simply unacceptable. The uninitiated will just assume that they'll
lose all the channels (including the Beeb) and throw the card and box away.

Worth a note to the Beeb I think. Sky should be forced to change the message
to say "Viewing of ITV-1, C4 and C5 will cease shortly, all other channels unaffected"

Old July 17th 03, 08:00 AM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.tv.sky
Orange

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Simon Gardner wrote:

I'm not moving from my aircon until it gets down to 21 degrees.
Seriously, though, is $ky really intending to encrypt $ky News on
28.2E? (The message just rebounds until you take the card out.)
Shirley shome mishtake?

I think it may be because the t/p that Sky News is on, does seem
to have the Videoguard data carousal present, despite none of
the actual channels on there being encrypted.

Before July 10th some people reported the message of doom
whilst tuned to a BBC channel. Has anyone seen the message
since the 10th on the Beeb ?

It appeared on TCM on my receiver.

Old July 17th 03, 11:43 AM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.tv.sky
Aztech

"Jim Watt" wrote in message

I'm not moving from my aircon until it gets down to 21 degrees. Seriously,
though, is $ky really intending to encrypt $ky News on 28.2E? (The message
just rebounds until you take the card out.) Shirley shome mishtake?

I got it on BBC Parliament, it indicates that you need to remove
all trace of Murdoch from the set by pulling out the card.

And don't call me Shirley.

Shurrely you don't mean to say BSkyB/Murdoch are taking over Parliament.

Az.

Old July 17th 03, 07:00 PM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.tv.sky
Aztech

wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:43:20 GMT, "Aztech" pausing to
cast envious glances at those who had mastered the skill of reading
without moving their lips, wrote:

Shurrely you don't mean to say BSkyB/Murdoch are taking over Parliament.

When you have successive governments desperate to keep Murdoch's
newspapers 'on-side' it amounts to the same thing.

Shurrely not? Thanks for point that out.

Az.

Old July 17th 03, 07:06 PM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,uk.tech.tv.sky
Alan Teague

"Orange" scribbled a message in news:bf5l2d$bg26t$1
@ID-60535.news.uni-berlin.de. This may or may not have been its contents:

Simon Gardner wrote:

I'm not moving from my aircon until it gets down to 21 degrees.
Seriously, though, is $ky really intending to encrypt $ky News on
28.2E? (The message just rebounds until you take the card out.)
Shirley shome mishtake?

I think it may be because the t/p that Sky News is on, does seem
to have the Videoguard data carousal present, despite none of
the actual channels on there being encrypted.

Before July 10th some people reported the message of doom
whilst tuned to a BBC channel. Has anyone seen the message
since the 10th on the Beeb ?

It appeared on TCM on my receiver.

Appeared on Sky News and BBC News 24 the other day.

--
Alan | Please remove hat if replying by e-mail
Fancy a browse? http://www.chuffin.co.uk/