Sky box not coming on - broken ?

Old July 16th 03, 11:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Roy Donaldson

Default Sky box not coming on - broken ?

Hi there,

Last night while watching TV, the Sky box just went and turned itself off,
ie. the
front panel LED turned RED. Using the Sky button, front panel on/off button,
removing the power lead etc., it will not go back on now.

When I opened up the cabinet it was in, it was very warm in there, but
everything
else in with it was ok. It is a Panasonic box.

Any ideas on if I could fix it up, or what could be wrong, or am I just
going to
have to call Sky up ?

Thanks,
Roy.

Old July 17th 03, 12:40 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian Wescombe

"Roy Donaldson" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hi there,

Last night while watching TV, the Sky box just went and turned itself off,
ie. the
front panel LED turned RED. Using the Sky button, front panel on/off

button,
removing the power lead etc., it will not go back on now.

When I opened up the cabinet it was in, it was very warm in there, but
everything
else in with it was ok. It is a Panasonic box.

Any ideas on if I could fix it up, or what could be wrong, or am I just
going to
have to call Sky up ?

Thanks,
Roy.

Sounds like power supply failure, seems quite common now (had this with Sky+
three weeks ago)