Still do not get why Series 2 Cards cannot still work for ITV/C4/Five

Old July 15th 03, 08:19 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Ed

Default Still do not get why Series 2 Cards cannot still work for ITV/C4/Five

"Adrian \(CatMan\)" wrote in message ...
Ed wrote:
I know some of this has been discussed before but some of the threads
have so many issues that I find it easy to get lost in them, and I
still do not understand this issue and do not believe that anyone else
found a final answer, so if anyone can help please do.
My poor old Series 1 FTV card has stopped working, my understanding is
that Series 2 FTV cards are still working.

There is no reason yet why your series one card should have stopped working,
therefore it is likely there is a fault with your receiver.

Read your message, tried pushing the card in and seeing if that
helped. Nothing happened. Tried a reboot, and forced software update,
and the software update must have done something, because I now have
ITV, C4 and Five back.
So thanks for your help.
Old July 16th 03, 07:54 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian

Ed wrote:
I know some of this has been discussed before but some of the
threads have so many issues that I find it easy to get lost in
them, and I still do not understand this issue and do not believe
that anyone else found a final answer, so if anyone can help please
do. My poor old Series 1 FTV card has stopped working, my
understanding is that Series 2 FTV cards are still working.

There is no reason yet why your series one card should have stopped
working, therefore it is likely there is a fault with your receiver.

Read your message, tried pushing the card in and seeing if that
helped. Nothing happened. Tried a reboot, and forced software update,
and the software update must have done something, because I now have
ITV, C4 and Five back.
So thanks for your help.

It's a pity it's only temporary, I doubt series one cards will last more
than a few weeks. I wish I'd asked for new cards when I knew they were being
issued.