Thank you BBC

Old July 15th 03, 07:12 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
IOOA

Default Thank you BBC

so because of a small monetary saving to the BBC we now all suffer ( or is
the loss of ITV CH4 and CH5 a suffering)

Just switched on the Digibox and zap.... no ITV etc

£ky will get more money sometime from me, unless of course I could get an
analogue signal ( no Freeview in this part of Cornwall) Could put the Ariel
about 80ft up in the air to see over the hill.... then the Planners might
object or run a coaxial cable about 300 ft to the top of the hill... what
the signal loss on 300ft of cable

From under a hill, Tintagel, Cornwall

--
There are 11 kinds of people who use Email , those who don't know binary,
those who know binary and who don't get the joke...and those that do get the

Old July 15th 03, 07:17 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Alan Teague

"IOOA" scribbled a message in
. This may or may
not have been its contents:

so because of a small monetary saving to the BBC we now all suffer (
or is the loss of ITV CH4 and CH5 a suffering)

It's someone's fault for not publicising the replacement of the cards, so
people would have had a chance to order new ones. They should have
introduced those on-screen messages months ago, imho.

--
Alan | Please remove hat if replying by e-mail
Fancy a browse? http://www.chuffin.co.uk/
Old July 15th 03, 10:01 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
IOOA

Blame Microsoft's Spellchecker for that..... though how many of you remember
or know what a square four is..... I had a BSA Bandit

But joking aside , have all the old FTV cards stopped working, mine were
relatively new BBC issued cards ( January this year) both went stopped
working on the 14th July

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:12:14 GMT, "IOOA" wrote:

Could put the Ariel
about 80ft up in the air to see over the hill....

That conjures up a picture in the mind's eye of an Ariel Square Four
mounted on top of an 80-foot mast.

:-)))

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @freeuk.com

Old July 16th 03, 02:41 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Wrightsaerials

how many of you remember
or know what a square four is..... I had a BSA Bandit

Ohh, we had a Beezer, then a Panther 620cc. My mate Roger used a match to see
if there was any petrol in the tank. He's still bald after all those years.
Happy days!

Bill
Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery
Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic
Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography
All anoraks MUST visit
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
Old July 16th 03, 11:06 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
The Simpson`s

It's someone's fault for not publicising the replacement of the cards,

so
people would have had a chance to order new ones.

I don't think that was ever on the cards. There was no funding for it.

They
got pretty leery (but agreed) when I swapped a second hand ex $ky sub card
for a series two FTV card about four weeks ago. I didn't get the

impression
I would have got anywhere trying to swap a series one FTV card (of which I
also have two) for a series two FTV card.

I`m already a sky subscriber (family package), I also have FTV card which I
use
in a 2nd hand digibox whilst away in the caravan. It seems this will no
longer work
the next time we are away. Now if I was to order a mirror sub for the family
package,
how long would I have to wait before I could cancel, could I then use the
mirror card
as a FTV card?

Old July 16th 03, 02:02 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Glenn Millar

I think of you check with planning the maximum height is 15m.

Regards
Glenn...

Walt Davidson wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:13:03 +0000 (UTC), Glenn Millar
wrote:

You don't need planning for a tower under 50 feet.

I think you mean 15 ft.

Old July 16th 03, 02:26 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Vernon

wrote:

You don't need planning for a tower under 50 feet.

I think you mean 15 ft.

Which converted and rounded up comes to 50 feet

Old July 16th 03, 02:28 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Vernon

wrote:

You don't need planning for a tower under 50 feet.

I think you mean 15 ft.

Which converted and rounded up comes to 50 feet (15 metres that is)