Irish Sky Card in UK Digibox

Old July 14th 03, 08:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Dee

Default Irish Sky Card in UK Digibox

I didn't see the following query in the FAQ's so thought I would post
it here. Hopefully someone has tried this and can shed a little light
on the subject.

I want to recieve the four Irish terrestial stations via Sky because I
am in a part of Nothern Ireland where the hills block the signal so I
can't get it with a rooftop aerial. I was thinking off arranging with
a friend in Dublin to subscribe to the basic package with sky in the
south and have him post the card but I have a number of questions
before i do....

Will he just be able to phone up sky and order a card for the basic
package without having digibox? In otherwards is a sky card linked or
'married' to one specific box?

What questions do sky ask when u phone and request a card only?

If the card isn't linked to one specific box is it just a case of
switching cards when i want to watch Rté etc?

If my friend can't be bothered with the hassle of setting up this
arrangement can someone point me in the direction of someone/company
who provides irish cards?

Any other Info - especially problems in doing this - will be greatly
appreciated!

Many Thanks in advance,

Dee.
Old July 15th 03, 08:47 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Tom

Cards available from Ireland for RTE & TV3 ireland and you can
now watch all the BBC programs on the same card. Works out cheaper than the
UK when you are paying in Euros per month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tel. 0709
2277650 for details

om...