No new sky card

Old July 14th 03, 11:27 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
coulthard

Default No new sky card

Hi

I wondered if someone could please help me about the new sky card.

I am a sky subscriber, but I have not received the new card yet. I have not
received any messages on screen about the new card either.
Does this matter and do you know the date that old cards will stop working
please?

On the AV channel I can no longer get sound from the sky channels, so I have
to watch sky on channel 7, as that is the other channel the enginner tuned
it in to. The sound works fine on channel 7. Is this linked to not having
the new card?

If in the future (after I have recieved the new sky card), I stopped being a
sky subscriber would I be able to recieve the free channels?

Thanks for your help

Phil

Old July 14th 03, 11:30 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Glenn Millar

coulthard wrote:
Hi

I wondered if someone could please help me about the new sky card.

I am a sky subscriber, but I have not received the new card yet. I have not
received any messages on screen about the new card either.
Does this matter and do you know the date that old cards will stop working
please?

Sky have advertised on TV a number to call if you have not yet had a new
card.

On the AV channel I can no longer get sound from the sky channels, so I have
to watch sky on channel 7, as that is the other channel the enginner tuned
it in to. The sound works fine on channel 7. Is this linked to not having
the new card?

No. Check your scart connections.

If in the future (after I have recieved the new sky card), I stopped being a
sky subscriber would I be able to recieve the free channels?

Yes. Until Sky decide to stop this from being possible.

Thanks for your help

Phil

Regards
Glenn...

Old July 15th 03, 05:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

coulthard wrote:

On the AV channel I can no longer get sound from the sky channels,

Wiggle your scart.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 15th 03, 04:42 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mike CJ

"Jomtien" wrote in message
coulthard wrote:

On the AV channel I can no longer get sound from the sky channels,

Wiggle your scart.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)

The problem is the poor quality of the Scart sockets used in TVs.
Mike.

---