Questions, Questions - Ground mounting, motors and T'internet....

Old July 14th 03, 10:35 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Ste Kearney

Default Questions, Questions - Ground mounting, motors and T'internet....

I just moved house and I want my Sky TV back - having lost it when On-Dodgy
went tits up.

But I now live in a Grade A Listed Building in a Conservation Village!
(Scotland - hence Grade A not 1). I've conflabbed with the Council, and they
are happy I can ground mount a dish in the 'wild Garden' (ie tip) at the
side of the house that is invisible from the road and has a clear view of
the Southern Sky.

Ultimately I want to motorise the dish and get European Satellite
transmissions and the dodgy football on scandi-sky! I am totally not
interested in Porn before anyone starts! Also I want to maybe get Satellite
Internet from Rapidsat.

But for now I just want normal Sky. Can I do this easily and cheap(-ish)ly
now and bolt the rest on later?

Anyone recommend a site where I can order the stuff and maybe one that can
help me install it. I don't mind getting someone to do it but I am
interested in the mechanics.

Cheers

Steve