FTV Version 1 cards: Pop up message

Old July 14th 03, 07:51 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mark Carver

Default FTV Version 1 cards: Pop up message

To those people who have had the pop up warning message
advising them of the impending doom, on what type of FTV card
do you see this?

a: An originally BBC supplied FTV card ?
or b: An ex-Sky subscription card ( i.e. originally supplied by Sky) ?

Also how old is the card ?

Despite my best efforts (leaving the box on overnight etc) I've yet to
see the message on my BBC FTV series one card. (issued Sept 01)
While I don't doubt that it will die soon, I'm wondering if Sky can only
address *their* originally supplied cards with the message ?

Old July 14th 03, 02:07 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian \(CatMan\)

?

Also how old is the card ?

Despite my best efforts (leaving the box on overnight etc) I've yet
to see the message on my BBC FTV series one card. (issued Sept 01)
While I don't doubt that it will die soon, I'm wondering if Sky can
only address *their* originally supplied cards with the message ?

I have an originally BBC supplied FTV card about 2 years old. So far
have not seen any messages of impending doom. Box is always on.

Ditto with 2 cards.

Old July 14th 03, 05:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
BillR

Mark Carver wrote:
To those people who have had the pop up warning message
advising them of the impending doom, on what type of FTV card
do you see this?

a: An originally BBC supplied FTV card ?
or b: An ex-Sky subscription card ( i.e. originally supplied by Sky)
?

Also how old is the card ?

Despite my best efforts (leaving the box on overnight etc) I've yet to
see the message on my BBC FTV series one card. (issued Sept 01)
While I don't doubt that it will die soon, I'm wondering if Sky can
only address *their* originally supplied cards with the message ?

I've had it on one of my two FTV BBC, early 2002, supplied cards.
Only on C5 and its gone away for now.

Old July 14th 03, 08:44 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Yam!

I guess they will stagger the messages, so as to prevent a deluge of phone
calls at one time, by addressing cards in batches it will lighten the load
on the call centers. At work we have 120 customers on solus cards, i have
received phone calls of only 2 regararding the onscreen message.

Old July 14th 03, 11:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
u1061771156

In article , Mark Carver wrote:
To those people who have had the pop up warning message
advising them of the impending doom, on what type of FTV card
do you see this?

a: An originally BBC supplied FTV card ?
or b: An ex-Sky subscription card ( i.e. originally supplied by Sky) ?

Also how old is the card ?

Despite my best efforts (leaving the box on overnight etc) I've yet to
see the message on my BBC FTV series one card. (issued Sept 01)
While I don't doubt that it will die soon, I'm wondering if Sky can only
address *their* originally supplied cards with the message ?

While meddling with my box I've produced three messages:

"Insert new card now to continue viewing. For help call tel no on back
of card".

"Use your new viewing card to continue viewing. For help call 08702 404030"

"Please use your new viewing card for assistance call 0818 719878"

Are these the messages you're referring to, or are there others specific
to FTV cards or FTV channels?

I'm sure Sky can address any card that they wish to.

Mike

Old July 15th 03, 11:13 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
jembie

Are these the messages you're referring to, or are there others
specific
to FTV cards or FTV channels?

A screen shot of the message in question is he-
http://logofreetv.org/render.asp?mod...ews_read&i=126

Hi,
I am using an old subscription card and i have just started getting
these messages on five too.
Does this mean that soon i will have to subscribe to watch the
terrestrial channels?? This is really S**T as i have no terrestrial
aerial so through $ky is the only way i can watch.

Anyone any ideas on how much a package is going to be to watch these
channels??

Jen
Old July 15th 03, 02:54 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian

jembie wrote:

Hi,
I am using an old subscription card and i have just started getting
these messages on five too.
Does this mean that soon i will have to subscribe to watch the
terrestrial channels?? This is really S**T as i have no terrestrial
aerial so through $ky is the only way i can watch.

Anyone any ideas on how much a package is going to be to watch these
channels??

Jen

Whatever the price is of the minimum package when you subscribe.

Old July 15th 03, 06:09 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Alan Teague

"BillR" scribbled a message
in . This may or may not
have been its contents:

Mark Carver wrote:
To those people who have had the pop up warning message
advising them of the impending doom, on what type of FTV card
do you see this?

a: An originally BBC supplied FTV card ?
or b: An ex-Sky subscription card ( i.e. originally supplied by Sky)
?

Also how old is the card ?

Despite my best efforts (leaving the box on overnight etc) I've yet to
see the message on my BBC FTV series one card. (issued Sept 01)
While I don't doubt that it will die soon, I'm wondering if Sky can
only address *their* originally supplied cards with the message ?

I've had it on one of my two FTV BBC, early 2002, supplied cards.
Only on C5 and its gone away for now.

They started appearing on my card today. It's a BBC FTV card, about a
year old.

--
Alan | Please remove hat if replying by e-mail
Fancy a browse? http://www.chuffin.co.uk/
Old July 16th 03, 07:00 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Geoff Rimmer wrote:

Anyone any ideas on how much a package is going to be to watch these
channels??

Cheapest is the Sky Value (haha) Pack at £150 per year (£12.50 per month).

Cheapest is a Sky+. :-)

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 16th 03, 07:30 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mark Carver

Jomtien wrote:
Geoff Rimmer wrote:

Anyone any ideas on how much a package is going to be to watch these
channels??

Cheapest is the Sky Value (haha) Pack at 150 per year (12.50 per
month).

Cheapest is a Sky+. :-)

Cheapest is Zee TV basic package. 12 connection, 5:99/m