sky box for casmpervan

Old July 13th 03, 09:59 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
IOOA

Default sky box for casmpervan

can you get a Sky box that works on 12volts ( so I can use it in a camper
van) or do I have to use an inverter to get 240volt AC

--
There are 11 kinds of people who use Email , those who don't know binary,
those who know binary and who don't get the joke...and those that do get the

Old July 13th 03, 10:49 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
QrizB

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:59:18 GMT, "IOOA" wrote:

can you get a Sky box that works on 12volts ( so I can use it in a camper
van) or do I have to use an inverter to get 240volt AC

I believe the only redeeming feature of the Sky minibox is that it
comes with an external 12v psu.

--
QrizB

be fooled.
Old July 14th 03, 05:54 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

QrizB wrote:

I believe the only redeeming feature of the Sky minibox is that it
comes with an external 12v psu.

Indeed. A caravan is about the only place that I would use one.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 14th 03, 11:21 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Martin Pickering {UK}

The Sky "javelin" Pace minibox comes with a 12v power cord and a separate
240/12v power supply so you can fit it in a caravan, motorhome or run it
off a car battery. It is truly tiny so it will fit in a small space (but
leave room for ventilation while it's operating).

http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs

See caravan page.

Martin

Old July 14th 03, 02:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
-= debully =-

All very well, but how would you obtain a card for it?
I mean, you wouldn't want to subscribe for a year just to keep you
entertained on the odd weekend now.

regards,

debully