Sky+ and New Card

Old July 13th 03, 04:25 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Angel786

Default Sky+ and New Card

Will I lose my data?

I have over 100GB of Data on there. I can't back up because the error
message keeps coming.

Angel786

Old July 13th 03, 05:51 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mike_C

"Angel786" wrote in message
Will I lose my data?

I have over 100GB of Data on there. I can't back up because the error
message keeps coming.

Angel786

It will depend how old the recordings are.
SKY+ users were last on the list for new cards to allow them to watch or
archive older recordings that were made before the encryption change over
was started.
If you have programs on the HD older than 6 months they "might" be
unplayable with the new smartcards since they will be incompatible with
any encryption changes.

Mike C

Old July 14th 03, 09:07 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Angel786

Thanks Mike. Still have everything!

Angel786

Old July 14th 03, 07:34 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
BonzaiMaster

I have over 100GB of Data on there. I can't back up because the error
message keeps coming.

Which error message?