Only 9 Favourites

Old July 13th 03, 10:08 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
ph

Default Only 9 Favourites

Hi all

Getting an odd problem with my digibox.

I can only save 9 favourite channels, as soon as I try to add the tenth I
get a message saying I have 20 saved, if I go through every channel in the
favourite set-up menu I only have 9 set-up, but if I use the blue button to
scan the favourites it shows 20 but 11 of them are not on the EPG anymore,
they are all radio channels like country, love songs, hit list, soul rock,
soft rock etc. As these are no longer on the EPG I cannot de select them, I
have tried to do a forced software download but this has not solved the
problem.

Anyone got any thoughts

Thanks

Paul

Old July 13th 03, 12:34 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Carl

"ph" wrote in message
news
Hi all

Getting an odd problem with my digibox.

I can only save 9 favourite channels, as soon as I try to add the tenth I
get a message saying I have 20 saved, if I go through every channel in the
favourite set-up menu I only have 9 set-up, but if I use the blue button

scan the favourites it shows 20 but 11 of them are not on the EPG anymore,
they are all radio channels like country, love songs, hit list, soul rock,
soft rock etc. As these are no longer on the EPG I cannot de select them,

have tried to do a forced software download but this has not solved the
problem.

Anyone got any thoughts

Thanks

Paul

I had this on my old Pace box and all manner of reboots/swapping cards
in other digiboxes (methods quoted in the FAQ) without success.

The idea IIRC is that the favorites are stored on the viewing card
(different viewing card, different users, different favorites) but in some
digiboxes they're held by the box instead. If they're only on the card,
resetting the favorites (reboot or changing them in another digibox) should
work. If they're held by the box, the chances of resetting them is 50/50. I
call it the "Music Choice Bug".

--
Carl

Old July 13th 03, 12:56 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
ph

"Carl" wrote in message

"ph" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the reply Carl

It must be in the Box in my case as I had the problem before the new card
was issued and it is still their with the new card.

Paul

Old July 13th 03, 06:10 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

ph wrote:

Getting an odd problem with my digibox.

See the FAQ. Notably the phantom PPV procedure.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.