Sky remote control

Old July 13th 03, 12:28 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Paul Minogue

Default Sky remote control

I am getting Sky+ next week (lucky me!) . I currently use a Digisendeer
device which allows me to watch Sky anywhere in the house from the Sky
Digibox in the living room.

I just want to know does the ordinary Sky remote control also work with the
Sky+ Digibox for changing channels etc? I intend using an existing remote
control for use the Digisender device for changing channels when I am
viewing Sky from upstairs.

Paul Minogue

Old July 13th 03, 08:01 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Paul Minogue wrote:

I just want to know does the ordinary Sky remote control also work with the
Sky+ Digibox for changing channels etc?

No.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 13th 03, 12:48 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian \(CatMan\)

Bob Latham wrote:
In article ,
Jomtien wrote:
Paul Minogue wrote:

I just want to know does the ordinary Sky remote control also work
with the Sky+ Digibox for changing channels etc?

No.

That's interesting. Obviously I'm not understanding something here
because the Sky+ faq says...

Can I use my old remote/keyboard?

Yes. Press the TV button on the old remote or keyboard, hold down the
blue key and select down until the red light flashes twice. Then
press 2 followed by select.

Cheers,

Bob.

I belive that is if you wish to use a Sky+ remote with a standard digibox.

Old July 13th 03, 07:11 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Bob Latham wrote:

Yes. Press the TV button on the old remote or keyboard, hold down the blue
key and select down until the red light flashes twice. Then press 2
followed by select.

AFAIK that only works the other way around (Sky+ remote sending
regular Sky remote signals). I may be wrong.