New card - finally!

Old July 13th 03, 12:04 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian Wescombe

Default New card - finally!

Got my new card yesterday (Friday). Was getting a bit worried!
Noticed that my Sky+ went into Standby yesterday morning, just 10 mins
before the post arrived! Did Sky send out some card activation signals or
summat yesterday that tied in with the expected delivery date of the cards?
Or was it pure coincidence?

Old July 13th 03, 12:29 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Yaseen Sarwar

Hi,

I think you were one of the last batch being sent out new card, mines took
ages to arrive as well.

Old July 13th 03, 01:48 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
or

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:04:18 +0100, "Brian Wescombe"
wrote:

Got my new card yesterday (Friday). Was getting a bit worried!
Noticed that my Sky+ went into Standby yesterday morning, just 10 mins
before the post arrived! Did Sky send out some card activation signals or
summat yesterday that tied in with the expected delivery date of the cards?
Or was it pure coincidence?

Of Course Sky sent out some card activation signals or
summat yesterday that tied in with the expected delivery date of the
cards

Oh My God!!!

The Things people believe......

Old July 13th 03, 12:22 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian Wescombe

wrote:

Got my new card yesterday (Friday). Was getting a bit worried!
Noticed that my Sky+ went into Standby yesterday morning, just 10 mins
before the post arrived! Did Sky send out some card activation signals

or
summat yesterday that tied in with the expected delivery date of the

cards?
Or was it pure coincidence?

Of Course Sky sent out some card activation signals or
summat yesterday that tied in with the expected delivery date of the
cards

Oh My God!!!

The Things people believe......

I never said I believed it, I was jsut wondering as my box went into
stand-by. Had be some reason for it, we didn't have a power cut or anything

Old July 14th 03, 09:55 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
austin500

wrote:

Got my new card yesterday (Friday). Was getting a bit worried!
Noticed that my Sky+ went into Standby yesterday morning, just 10 mins
before the post arrived! Did Sky send out some card activation signals

or
summat yesterday that tied in with the expected delivery date of the

cards?
Or was it pure coincidence?

Of Course Sky sent out some card activation signals or
summat yesterday that tied in with the expected delivery date of the
cards

Oh My God!!!

The Things people believe......

I never said I believed it, I was jsut wondering as my box went into
stand-by. Had be some reason for it, we didn't have a power cut or

anything

I'll bet you believe in the tooth fairy :-)

Old July 15th 03, 11:27 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Andy Sinclair

Brian Wescombe wrote:
I never said I believed it, I was jsut wondering as my box went into
stand-by. Had be some reason for it, we didn't have a power cut or anything

Maybe the box crashed.
Whenever my box crashes it switches itself off.

Andy
Old July 15th 03, 07:53 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Michael Hudson

Apparently changing the card will remove any programs recorded before March.

MH

"trappeduser" wrote in message

"Brian Wescombe" wrote in message
Got my new card yesterday (Friday). Was getting a bit worried!
Noticed that my Sky+ went into Standby yesterday morning, just 10 mins
before the post arrived! Did Sky send out some card activation signals

or
summat yesterday that tied in with the expected delivery date of the

cards?
Or was it pure coincidence?

Mine came on the 9th but I decided not to put the card in till I had

cleared
the harddrive at the weekend. But the next day I had "insert new card" on
the screen so I had no choice but to risk losing my recordings. I was

lucky
that I lost nothing, which is great because I had a weeks worth of DILBERT
(double features this week on FTN) to watch.