LNB Fault Or Not?

Old July 11th 03, 10:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Sean O'Connor

Default LNB Fault Or Not?

Just had a repair man out as we lost all signal quality the other day,
although strength was fine.

He diagnosed a faulty LNB - would we have any strength if this was the case?
Has taken away faulty one with him though.

I wish he/I had checked the signal quality before he went because it's now
only 15-25% - is this acceptable? The strength is showing higher now at
70-80% so that look fine.

The thing that worries me is that he said there was no problem with the
actual dish alignment (even though I could hear his meter with intereference
when he said it was lined up ok. He then replace the LNB and moved the dish
again - this makes me think it was just the alignment which was a problem.

The Network ID and Transport Stream are the same now as was evident whilst
we had the fault.

10 minutes work at 99 - 85 plus VAT. Queried Freeview with him and he said
a new aerial would be about 165 plus VAT when I had been quoted 65 on the
phone.

Sean.