Who do we complain to?

Old July 10th 03, 07:10 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Pete @ eclipse

Default Who do we complain to?

OK; it's happened.
No ITV1, C4 or C5 on DSat. 'cos the FTV/FTA card no longer works.

AS many have said, wait and see.........

In the mean time, to whom should we address our complaints? If enough
pressure is put onto ITV/C4/C5 or OfCom (?) then maybe we'll get things
changed.

Email or postal address please

Pete

Old July 11th 03, 06:22 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Pete @ eclipse wrote:

Email or postal address please

I gave the email address of the min of culture people the other day.

The Sky Digital FAQ:
http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 11th 03, 06:34 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
oo^^artnada^^oo

Alan Teague wrote:
| "oo^^artnada^^oo" scribbled a message
| in . This may or
| may not have been its contents:
|
|| Pete @ eclipse wrote:
||| OK; it's happened.
||| No ITV1, C4 or C5 on DSat. 'cos the FTV/FTA card no longer works.
||| AS many have said, wait and see.........
||| In the mean time, to whom should we address our complaints? If
||| enough pressure is put onto ITV/C4/C5 or OfCom (?) then maybe we'll
||| get things changed.
||| Email or postal address please
||| Pete
|| What version card u got? Series 1(light blue) or 2 (Dark blue)?
|
| I've got one of each, and they both still work.

Series 1 is due to go off anyway, wether BBC went FTA. If you have a Series 2 (dark blue),
and you are getting this problem (and you are in the UK), thenyes, complain.

Old July 11th 03, 08:31 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian \(CatMan\)

Pete @ eclipse wrote:
OK; it's happened.
No ITV1, C4 or C5 on DSat. 'cos the FTV/FTA card no longer works.

AS many have said, wait and see.........

In the mean time, to whom should we address our complaints? If enough
pressure is put onto ITV/C4/C5 or OfCom (?) then maybe we'll get
things changed.

Email or postal address please

Pete

Both of mine are still working, both series 1

Old July 12th 03, 04:53 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Salvador Freemanson

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:24:36 +0100, Clem Dye wrote:

You want the Secretary of State for Culture Media & Sport.

Well, writing to her will do ****-all good! I wrote to Tessa Jowell over
a fortnight ago about this, and, unsurprisingly, I've had no reply.
Media Guardian carried a piece about the problem today, so it's getting
some coverage. Whatever the outcome, I don't think that it will be
quick, especially if HMG get involved.

The signal may be switched off within 45 minutes
Old July 12th 03, 06:34 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Salvador Freemanson wrote:

Whatever the outcome, I don't think that it will be
quick, especially if HMG get involved.

The signal may be switched off within 45 minutes

Is that the 45 minutes that Tony Blair is always talking about these
days? I wondered what all that was about.

Old July 12th 03, 08:24 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian McIlwrath

Stephen Neal wrote:

: BBC Press release or similar posted earlier this week stated that it is
: expected that Mk I cards will cease to work sometime in August?

Now almost certain to be roughly correct! The Sky "Infomercials" have changed
to their last stage message - "If you have not received a new card phone
this number"
Old July 13th 03, 08:02 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian \(CatMan\)

Simon Gardner wrote:
In article ,
"Adrian \(CatMan\)" wrote:

Pete @ eclipse wrote:
OK; it's happened.
No ITV1, C4 or C5 on DSat. 'cos the FTV/FTA card no longer works.

AS many have said, wait and see.........

In the mean time, to whom should we address our complaints? If
enough pressure is put onto ITV/C4/C5 or OfCom (?) then maybe we'll
get things changed.

Email or postal address please

Pete

Both of mine are still working, both series 1

Yes dear. None of them have been switched off yet. Everybody else's
are still working at the moment, too.

patronisising *******