Card no longer married?

Old July 10th 03, 05:12 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
j.tull

Default Card no longer married?

My V2 (Cancelled Sky card) no longer seems to be married to a particular box
as far as ITV, C4 and C5, are concerned. I tried it in my second box and it
works fine.

Come to think of it, was it ever?

Old July 10th 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian McIlwrath

j.tull wrote:
: My V2 (Cancelled Sky card) no longer seems to be married to a particular box
: as far as ITV, C4 and C5, are concerned. I tried it in my second box and it
: works fine.

: Come to think of it, was it ever?

Don't think so! Card matching is enforced on a per-channel basis by a flag
setting in the brroadcast stream. AFAIR it was mainly the BBC and Premium Sky
channels who were using it.
Old July 11th 03, 07:21 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

j.tull wrote:

Come to think of it, was it ever?

All cards are married to a box but the marriage feature has only ever
applied to BBC and premium (sport, films) Sky channels.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 11th 03, 09:52 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Salvador Freemanson

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:21:58 GMT, Jomtien wrote:

j.tull wrote:

Come to think of it, was it ever?

All cards are married to a box but the marriage feature has only ever
applied to BBC and premium (sport, films) Sky channels.

OK, if this also applies to the series 2 cards, I (and I daresay loads
of other people) will soon be looking for expired Sky cards to watch
channel 4.

Old July 13th 03, 08:01 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Walt Davidson wrote:

(1) Do old Sky cards that have been replaced by a "new version" work
in this way?

The series 2 cards that I have work in the same way.

(2) Is there not an issue about each Sky card being "tied" to a
specific set top box?

Only for the premium channels (and previously the BBC channels).