Interactive football stuff - does it use the phone line?

Old July 10th 03, 01:11 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky

Default Interactive football stuff - does it use the phone line?

Emmmmmmm - you will have to PAY for Sky Sports. Then all that interactive
stuff will be free on Sky Sports Extra Channel.

You may also have to already have a basic Sky package too, as I am not sure
you can order Sky Sports in isolation.

"Phil A" wrote in message
Hello, all, I'm thinking about getting Sky Digital and want to check a
couple of things first.

Y'know the interactive football stuff: player cam, fanzone, etc - is the
phone line used when using these features? And do they cost anything?

And I'll fit another question in: When the box phones home, how long
does the call last? I've searched Google and found a post saying it was
a couple of minutes. Is that right?

Cheers for any help.

--
Illegitimi non carborundum

Old July 10th 03, 01:29 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Phil A

Jim wrote in

Hello, all, I'm thinking about getting Sky Digital and want to check a
couple of things first.

Y'know the interactive football stuff: player cam, fanzone, etc - is the
phone line used when using these features? And do they cost anything?

And I'll fit another question in: When the box phones home, how long
does the call last? I've searched Google and found a post saying it was
a couple of minutes. Is that right?

Cheers for any help.

Emmmmmmm - you will have to PAY for Sky Sports.

Yes, I realize that.

Then all that interactive stuff will be free on Sky Sports Extra Channel.

Eh? What about the footie on Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3?

You may also have to already have a basic Sky package too, as I am not sure
you can order Sky Sports in isolation.

I know about the packages, I just want to know about the interactive
features you can use when watching live football. Any idea if it uses
the phone line?

--
Illegitimi non carborundum
Old July 10th 03, 03:06 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Rob Randall

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:29:03 +0100, Phil A
wrote:

Then all that interactive stuff will be free on Sky Sports Extra Channel.

Eh? What about the footie on Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3?

Interactivity used to only be available on Sky Sports Extra - they
would simulcast events that were on Sky Sports 1 but with the extra
red button features.

Now Active content can be accessed on all of the Sky sports channels.