BBC EPG Listings & RTE Ireland

Old July 10th 03, 12:00 PM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,alt.satellite.tv.europe.sky,alt.satellite.tv.forsale,uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
~~~~~~~~Tom & Jerry~~~~~~~~

Default BBC EPG Listings & RTE Ireland

Will BBC appear on EPG if you do not have a card or will it always be
through other channels??????

Cards available from Ireland for RTE & TV3 ireland and you can
now watch all the BBC programs on the same card. Works out cheaper than the
UK when you are paying in Euros per month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tel. 0709
2277650 for details

Old July 11th 03, 04:57 PM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,alt.satellite.tv.europe.sky,alt.satellite.tv.forsale,uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Nigel Goodwin wrote:

Will BBC appear on EPG if you do not have a card or will it always be
through other channels??????

It appears on the EPG, all regions will eventually be available on the
EPG, but without a card you will get BBC1 London on 101.

Hmm. I have just installed a brand new digibox. It's EPG does *not*
show the BBC channels as FTA. The FTA list still starts at 181, as it
always has. I shall have to post the bloke an old series 1 Sky card
for him to stick in so that the digibox can cache the EPG list from
that and allow him to access the BBC. I also noticed that my Echostar
gives the BBC channels a scrambled flag even though it happily
displays them. The EPG flag is clearly still set to "scrambled" for
the regular national BBC channels. The new regional channels are
indeed flagged as FTA. Presumably at some point the EPG will be set
right.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 11th 03, 06:39 PM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,alt.satellite.tv.europe.sky,alt.satellite.tv.forsale,uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Ray Woodward

"~~~~~~~~Tom & Jerry~~~~~~~~" wrote in message
Will BBC appear on EPG if you do not have a card or will it always be
through other channels??????

If you do NOT have a card, you will get BBC 1 England 101 BBC 2 England 102
wherever you are in the UK and the rest of BBC 1 / BBC 2 from 941 onwards
(with effect from July 29th).

Those WITH a valid card will get the relevant BBC 1 / BBC 2 region for their
area/region on 101/102 from July 29th with the rest of BBC1 / BBC 2 from
941 onwards.

Old July 11th 03, 10:41 PM posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,alt.satellite.tv.europe.sky,alt.satellite.tv.forsale,uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky
Nigel Goodwin

In message , Jomtien
writes
Hmm. I have just installed a brand new digibox. It's EPG does *not*
show the BBC channels as FTA. The FTA list still starts at 181, as it
always has. I shall have to post the bloke an old series 1 Sky card
for him to stick in so that the digibox can cache the EPG list from
that and allow him to access the BBC. I also noticed that my Echostar
gives the BBC channels a scrambled flag even though it happily
displays them. The EPG flag is clearly still set to "scrambled" for
the regular national BBC channels. The new regional channels are
indeed flagged as FTA. Presumably at some point the EPG will be set
right.

I only tried one from cold, a new Pace Javelin, it worked fine without a
card ever been inserted - I also added the extra local BBC's on the
crappy add channels menu. Bear in mind it's only started FTA today, it
could well take a fair time for everything to work as it should - it's
also quite likely that many boxes will require updates.
--

Nigel.

| Nigel Goodwin | E-Mail : |
| Lower Pilsley | Website :
http://www.lpilsley.co.uk |
| Chesterfield | Homepage for WinPicProg |
| England | http://www.winpicprog.co.uk |