BBC still encrypted

Old July 10th 03, 08:25 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Salvador Freemanson

Default BBC still encrypted

It's the glorious tenth, and the BBC signal is still encrypted.

Strangely, meanwhile the BBC World digital signal on Astra 1 seems to
have gone FTA
Old July 10th 03, 09:03 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
oo^^artnada^^oo

Salvador Freemanson wrote:
| It's the glorious tenth, and the BBC signal is still encrypted.
|
| Strangely, meanwhile the BBC World digital signal on Astra 1 seems to
| have gone FTA

Starting to become unecrytped now

Old July 10th 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Salvador Freemanson wrote:

Strangely, meanwhile the BBC World digital signal on Astra 1 seems to
have gone FTA

Surely BBC World always was FTA?

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 10th 03, 10:32 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
HJK

"Salvador Freemanson" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:31:02 GMT, Jomtien wrote:

Salvador Freemanson wrote:

Strangely, meanwhile the BBC World digital signal on Astra 1 seems to
have gone FTA

Surely BBC World always was FTA?

The analogue one is.

The digital one is encrypted as part of various packages, but is
sometimes FTA for periods of a few days.

Always FTA analog & digital on Hotbird. Also FTA digital on 1-west.

Old July 10th 03, 10:38 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Salvador Freemanson

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:03:18 GMT, "oo^^artnada^^oo"
wrote:

Salvador Freemanson wrote:
| It's the glorious tenth, and the BBC signal is still encrypted.
|
| Strangely, meanwhile the BBC World digital signal on Astra 1 seems to
| have gone FTA

Starting to become unecrytped now

Still encrypted here

Old July 10th 03, 10:51 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian McIlwrath

Jim wrote:

: Starting to become unecrytped now

: Emmmmm - what do you base this statement on????? I have tried both an
: English Sky card and a NI FTV card and all channels are still the same
: status, ie, encrypted.

Not *ALL* the channels! The English BBC1 regions (which are not yet in the
EPG but which can be accessed through "Other Channels") have, according
to www.digitalspy.co.uk, become FTA.
The others are expected to follow later.
Old July 10th 03, 11:12 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mike CJ

"Salvador Freemanson" wrote in message
It's the glorious tenth, and the BBC signal is still encrypted.

Strangely, meanwhile the BBC World digital signal on Astra 1 seems to
have gone FTA

I've removed my card and BBC1 & 2 are in the clear, but where are the other
BBC1 regions?
Mike.

---

Old July 10th 03, 11:16 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian McIlwrath

Mike CJ wrote:
: I've removed my card and BBC1 & 2 are in the clear, but where are the other
: BBC1 regions?

Accessible by "Other Channels" only until 29th July! They will then appear
in the EPG and, for STBs with a Sky smartcard, Sky will reprogramme the
channel mapping so that 101 becomes "local BBC1 region"
Old July 10th 03, 11:28 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Vernon

"Mike CJ" wrote in message
I've removed my card and BBC1 & 2 are in the clear, but where are the

other
BBC1 regions?
Mike.

Give it time, they only said the 10th - there's over 12 hours left yet!!

Old July 10th 03, 11:42 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian McIlwrath

Vernon wrote:
:
: Give it time, they only said the 10th - there's over 12 hours left yet!!

They didn't say 10th for "other regions"!