*NEWS* Official Word from the BBC re ALL types of Cards!!!

Old July 8th 03, 08:53 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
oo^^artnada^^oo

Default *NEWS* Official Word from the BBC re ALL types of Cards!!!

So here ya go this should put everyones mind at rest. We all know now what will happen to
everyone!

What is going to happen with my Sky Card?

You will get your correct regional (or national) version of BBC ONE and BBC TWO, plus your
localised ITV region, at channels 101, 102 and 103 respectively.

Additionally, if you live in England, a local version of BBC ONE will appear at channel
101 when these variants launch at the end of July.

If you live in Wales you will get S4C at Channel 104, instead of Channel Four. However you
can still access Channel Four on channel 184.

You will find all the other regional & national variants of BBC ONE & TWO from the BBC
from number 941 on the EPG from the end of July, regardless of where you live.

If you have a Sky card, but have stopped paying your subscription
(You no longer pay Sky, or any other broadcaster a monthly fee)

This card is very likely to be pale blue with the words "Sky Digital" printed on it, and
will very shortly cease working. Ultimately SKY will decide the day they will switch off
the cards, this is not within the control of the BBC.
Sky have informed us that these cards will be switched off during mid to late August 2003.

You will still get the BBC channels that are "Free-to-Air", and the correct regional (or
national) version of BBC ONE at 101, and BBC TWO at 102, until September. The box will
then default to BBC ONE London at 101, and BBC TWO England at 102, irrespective of where
you live in the UK. Your local BBC regional output will be available in the 900 numbers of
the EPG.

On 29th July the BBC will be launching other regional outputs which will be available in
the 900's numbers of the EPG

If you have a Sky card, but do not pay a subscription, you will lose ITV, Channel Four,
and Channel Five.
If you have a Free-to-View, or 'Solus' card
(You have never paid monthly fee to Sky, or any other broadcaster)

*IF YOUR CARD IS PALE BLUE*
(1st Generation and obtained before Feb 2003, with the words 'SKY Digital' branded onto
it)

You will still get the BBC channels that are "Free-to-Air", and the correct regional (or
national) version of BBC ONE at 101, and BBC TWO at 102, until September. The box will
then default to BBC ONE London at 101, and BBC TWO England at 102, independent of where
you live in the UK. Your local BBC regional output will be available in the 900 numbers of
the EPG. However without your viewing card you will lose ITV, Channel Four, and Channel
Five, unless you start subscribing to a pay-TV package or revert to watching these
channels using a normal TV aerial.

We are unable to answer questions on non-BBC services.

*IF YOUR CARD IS DARK BLUE*
(2nd Generation with a picture of a yellow house on it, and was received since February
2003)

You will get access to all the
FREE-TO-AIR channels, & the FREE-to-VIEW CHANNELS..

You will get your correct regional (or national) version of BBC ONE and BBC TWO, plus your
localised ITV region, at channels 101, 102 and 103 respectively.

Additionally, if you live in England, a local version of BBC ONE will appear at channel
101 when these variants launch at the end of July.

If you live in Wales you will get S4C at Channel 104, instead of Channel Four. However you
can still access Channel Four on channel 184.

You will be able to get all the other regional & national variants of BBC ONE & TWO in the
900 numbers on the EPG from the end of July, regardless of where you live.

We understand from Sky that your card will continue to work for between three and five
years.

We are unable to answer questions on non-BBC services.

Source:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/dsat_card_index.shtml

Old July 8th 03, 09:31 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jaime

snip

| However channel 4 have said that they will become part of the sky
| monthly package from the 10th, so who knows what will happen on
| thursday.
|
| Jaime

"If you live in Wales you will get S4C at Channel 104, instead of Channel

Four. However
you
can still access Channel Four on channel 184."

This leads me to say that C4 WILL be available if you have a dark blue

card.

Thats why I say its confused, as thats what the BBC are saying however digi
spy have a statment from c4 saying c4 will become part of the sky montly
package. Although they may be confused. I would say that what the BBC have
said makes the most sense as to what will happen/be done. Also the
statements from c4/c5 about becoming part of the sky package may be a
simplification in that to get them as a new user you need to subscribe.
However this ambiguity makes me say that we can not be certain until the bbc
goes fta and sky deactivate v1 cards.

Jaime

Jaime