Digi-sender to a PC?

Old July 8th 03, 11:39 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
bigbrian

Default Digi-sender to a PC?

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:06:06 +0100, SK
wrote:

bigbrian wrote:

Having recently acquired a new graphics card for my PC, with the
facility to watch TV from my office (whoo whoo), I was wondering
whether I can extend this and actually get the Sky fed to it as well,
without cabling it across the house. At the moment, I'm using a
portable TV aerial and getting terrestrial only.

I'm aware of the digi sender thingies you can get that will allow you
to send the Sky to a remote TV, and was wondering whether its possible
to send it to a TV monitor instead, and whether any one here had any
success in doing it? If so, what particular kit did you use?

I do this. I have a VCR(to plug the scart into) between the Video
sender and the VideoIn on the TV card.

One thing to be warned about this setup is that it plays havoc with
your wireless network if the video sender and your access point are
near to each other as they use the same frequency. (2.4Ghz?)

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I don't think it will be a
major problem, since I rarely have need of the wireless network when
I'm working in the office (its only networked to a laptop which
wouldn't normally be on unless I was using it). I take it that, as
long as I remember to turn off the wireless receiver before I go and
access the network from the laptop, it won't be a problem?