Regional setting please

Old July 8th 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
mn

Default Regional setting please

Cant lind the link to the FAQ so apols if this is covered.

I've recently moved house and taken my digibox under my arm to the new
adddress

Trouble is, I'm getting regional weather on BBC from my old county

How do I tell the Digibox which regional program to default to ?

thanks in advance

Old July 8th 03, 09:33 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
oo^^artnada^^oo

mn wrote:
| Cant lind the link to the FAQ so apols if this is covered.
|
| I've recently moved house and taken my digibox under my arm to the new
| adddress
|
| Trouble is, I'm getting regional weather on BBC from my old county
|
| How do I tell the Digibox which regional program to default to ?
|
| thanks in advance

Tell Sky your new address!

Old July 8th 03, 12:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
mn

| How do I tell the Digibox which regional program to default to ?
|
| thanks in advance

Tell Sky your new address!

I did that, and still get the magazine sent to the old address...

I thought it was an egineers setting on the box ? no?

Old July 8th 03, 12:49 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Mark Carver

on Thursday you will be able to select your own region anyways [from the EPG].

No, that'll be from 29th July.

However from 10th *all* BBC1 regions (including Scot/Wales/NI) will
be available via 'Other Channels' regardless of where you live.

From the 29th all will appear everywhere in the UK on the EPG
Old July 8th 03, 12:52 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian McIlwrath

Mark wrote:
:
: I thought it was an egineers setting on the box ? no?
:

: No your regional selection (ITV regions etc) are set by the viewing card

Yes - and, as it is related to the encryption system, only Sky can send the
correctly formatted commands to the viewing card to alter its data.
Old July 8th 03, 02:51 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
mn

On the phone to Sky at the moment, their Technical number queue system put
me through to
customer services who claim they cannot help me.

In fact they suggest I call back using the Technical number WHICH IS WHAT I
DID !!!!

Any ideas how I can get through to someone who

1. doesnt have an attitude
2. understands what i'm talkign about
3. i willing to help

I know its a tall order, but jesus, we're paying for this !!!!!

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
:

Old July 8th 03, 02:58 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
mn

: I thought it was an egineers setting on the box ? no?
:

: No your regional selection (ITV regions etc) are set by the viewing

card

Yes - and, as it is related to the encryption system, only Sky can send

the
correctly formatted commands to the viewing card to alter its data.

Now technical at Sky say I have to wait for the News or Weather program
thats wrong and
then press RED Button to change the default region to watch

Each program will need changing individually

I can't beleive this is right ?

Have i wasted another 20 mins on an 0870 number to Sky ?