Sky installation

Old July 7th 03, 09:17 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Katie

Default Sky installation

I live in a protected property and they wont let me put up a dish for Sky
TV. I dont want to go NTL, so can you tell me if there is anyway of getting
Sky?

Old July 7th 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
www.kernow-telecom.co.uk

"Katie" wrote in message
I live in a protected property and they wont let me put up a dish for Sky
TV. I dont want to go NTL, so can you tell me if there is anyway of

getting
Sky?

Move?

Get a Nokia 6100 on Orange YourPlan 200 for nothing with freebies!
FREE Nokia unlocks, unmetered internet from 3.99 and ADSL from only 19.99!
http://www.kernow-telecom.co.uk

Old July 7th 03, 09:43 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
jackal

Do you mean a conservation area? I am in a conservation area too. Contact
your local town hall and ask for planning permission and construction
leaflets. It says that you are allowed a dish up to 90cm in diameter.

Old July 7th 03, 09:47 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Brian McIlwrath

Katie wrote:
: I live in a protected property and they wont let me put up a dish for Sky
: TV. I dont want to go NTL, so can you tell me if there is anyway of getting
: Sky?

Put the dish in the garden? As long as it has an unobscured view of the sky
(and won't be blocked by plants) it can be at or close to ground level.
Old July 7th 03, 10:19 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Vernon

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
Katie wrote:
: I live in a protected property and they wont let me put up a dish for

Sky
: TV. I dont want to go NTL, so can you tell me if there is anyway of

getting
: Sky?

Put the dish in the garden? As long as it has an unobscured view of the

sky
(and won't be blocked by plants) it can be at or close to ground level.

But beware having it right at ground level, cats tend to find it a nice warm
sunny spot and curl up on the ground inside the dish - it doesn't do too
much good for the signal. No problem if you are there to chase it off, but
rather annoying if you set your video for an automatic recording!!

Old July 7th 03, 07:15 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Adrian \(CatMan\)

Vernon wrote:

But beware having it right at ground level, cats tend to find it a
nice warm sunny spot and curl up on the ground inside the dish - it
doesn't do too much good for the signal. No problem if you are there
to chase it off, but rather annoying if you set your video for an
automatic recording!!

Last week on a nice sunny day I lost the signal completely, when I looked
out at the dish a starling was sitting on the LNB arm preening itself,
where's the cat when it's needed? :-)
--
Adrian